DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Georgia USA!

MavicMikeK

Reactions
Site
www.gamarc.com
Just got my brand new Mavic Pro Platinum with the Fly More package plus a couple extras. Sadly I fired it up this afternoon for a first flight and the DJI Go 4 app says my house in in a NFZ! I'm restricted to 100 feet, yikes... I felt pretty bummed out because we have a lot of tall pine trees in our development that are at 100+ feet. Two of the color zones actually overlap on my property, one yellow and one light blue. Anyone have any suggestions about this issue? My wife is scared and wants me to return the whole thing back to Amazon cause she is afraid I might get fined or worse put in prison!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! Enjoy the forum.
If you use the AirMap app for LAANC approval it’s almost instant and you’ll be clear to the FAA limit of 400 ft altitude and your personal LOS distance..... Available at the App Store and Google Store... free!
It seems that at least a few have delays, and/or insurmountable problems trying to get clearance with the DJI software currently.
BTW, in the list on the FAA website it still shows no approval for DJI software to get clearance as of today when I had occasion to check the list.

Thanks for the Airmap suggestion. I got it up and running and it shows my home is outside the blue zone... so how come the Mavic controller shows me in a NFZ? Something is funky it seems. I took a screen shot of the Airmap and you can see my blue dot home point up in the top left. The 2nd screenshot is the DJI Go 4 and you can see my red dot is inside 2 overlapping NFZ's.

Attachments

• B9FEEE13-8783-400D-84E4-FBA1F278DF75.png
    B9FEEE13-8783-400D-84E4-FBA1F278DF75.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • E2DAA1A6-BB5D-45CF-84C8-7DE6CF872F4A.jpeg
    E2DAA1A6-BB5D-45CF-84C8-7DE6CF872F4A.jpeg
    851.1 KB · Views: 16
IMHO it’s a glitch provided by DJI. If you check on the FAA site they are not approved by FAA to give flight clearance as of this afternoon.

As regards AirMap, did you check the info button (the red triangle button on the image you posted? That will tell you any problems or rules potentially being violated. The blue circle looks huge, like a presidential visit NFZ.

IMHO it’s a glitch provided by DJI. If you check on the FAA site they are not approved by FAA to give flight clearance as of this afternoon.

As regards AirMap, did you check the info button (the red triangle button on the image you posted? That will tell you any problems or rules potentially being violated. The blue circle looks huge, like a presidential visit NFZ.

I did check the red triangle button and it showed 2 advisories, controlled airspace and regional airport. The blue circle is from an Air Force base 15 miles southeast of my house. They have 727 size crafts that fly over my house every few days at about 5,000 ft. They are obviously either going out of the blue area in the Airmap or the DJI map is more accurate. Btw, I uploaded the DJI map in the last post... I had to resize it cause it rejected it the first attempt, sorry. Here is a wider shot of the mess around my area.8874D08D-FBAD-4946-86F5-90C024015FF8.png

Attachments

• 1D194646-8495-45C3-9114-F5E417532790.jpeg
    1D194646-8495-45C3-9114-F5E417532790.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

That looks like an authorization zone that can be unlocked in DJI GO. Try you try self unlocking like this?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Thunderdrones

Welcome to the forum!
I was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield many moons ago.
Are you near Savannah?

Columbus/Ft Benning here. I have to get clearance from DJI, too! It's is such a hassle. I had to get letters from ATC and submit it along with other forms to DJI.

Note that the DJI site doesn’t work on mobile, or so it says when clicking this link on my iPhone
Authorization zones can also be unlocked in DJI GO like this:

Reactions: Thomas B
Just got my brand new Mavic Pro Platinum with the Fly More package plus a couple extras. Sadly I fired it up this afternoon for a first flight and the DJI Go 4 app says my house in in a NFZ! I'm restricted to 100 feet, yikes... I felt pretty bummed out because we have a lot of tall pine trees in our development that are at 100+ feet. Two of the color zones actually overlap on my property, one yellow and one light blue. Anyone have any suggestions about this issue? My wife is scared and wants me to return the whole thing back to Amazon cause she is afraid I might get fined or worse put in prison!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

That looks like an authorization zone that can be unlocked in DJI GO. Try you try self unlocking like this?

I just looked at the link and it says this area doesn't need to be unlocked just says fly with caution yet my controller says NFZ zone and limits me to 30m altitude.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne