DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Houston

TravisTX

Reactions
Hello! First-time drone owner/pilot here.* I bought a Mavic after Hurricane Harvey to try to get a view of the massive flooding in west Houston, but between waiting for the TFR to expire, the fact that west Houston is heavily wooded, and my inexperience, the results were less than stellar. I didn't break anything, but I didn't get much in the way of interesting photos or video, either.

I have since discovered, thanks to this forum, Litchi and Hangar 360, amongst other apps, and am starting to learn about and have fun with the Mavic. I'm looking forward to taking the Mavic to places where I can get shots of something more scenic than the tops of trees! View media item 1325
* I have experience flying radio-control models, and about 45 hours behind the controls of light aircraft, so I'm comfortable with flying, but I still have a lot to learn about the photography aspect of a (quadcopter/drone/sUAS/whatever), though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: TravisTX
Hello! First-time drone owner/pilot here.* I bought a Mavic after Hurricane Harvey to try to get a view of the massive flooding in west Houston, but between waiting for the TFR to expire, the fact that west Houston is heavily wooded, and my inexperience, the results were less than stellar. I didn't break anything, but I didn't get much in the way of interesting photos or video, either.

I have since discovered, thanks to this forum, Litchi and Hangar 360, amongst other apps, and am starting to learn about and have fun with the Mavic. I'm looking forward to taking the Mavic to places where I can get shots of something more scenic than the tops of trees! View media item 1325
* I have experience flying radio-control models, and about 45 hours behind the controls of light aircraft, so I'm comfortable with flying, but I still have a lot to learn about the photography aspect of a (quadcopter/drone/sUAS/whatever), though.
Howdy from Wyoming TravisTX, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi