DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Raleigh, NC

virtguy

Reactions
Checking in from the Raleigh area. Preordered a Spark as my first real drone and really liked it, but wasn't thrilled with the video quality and uncertainty around the OTG cable support. A few weeks later I got a Mavic and love it, so here I am.

Reactions: dirkclod
I work in Raleigh but live about an hour south. There are some great places around to fly. Hope you enjoy you MP, I sure enjoy mine.

I work in Raleigh but live about an hour south. There are some great places around to fly. Hope you enjoy you MP, I sure enjoy mine.

I'm actually about 20 minutes south of downtown Raleigh, myself. Let me know if you have some recommendations where to fly. I've only been to Dorothea Dix Park so far.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I'm actually about 20 minutes south of downtown Raleigh, myself. Let me know if you have some recommendations where to fly. I've only been to Dorothea Dix Park so far.

Have you made it to downtown from DD?

G'day fellow Pilots, new to this Forum. Looks great. I'm Kenyan born Australian, living and working in Sierra Leone. Using a Std Mavic Pro and flown it twice here and not lost it lol. Will share some Footage soon

Checking in from the Raleigh area. Preordered a Spark as my first real drone and really liked it, but wasn't thrilled with the video quality and uncertainty around the OTG cable support. A few weeks later I got a Mavic and love it, so here I am.
Howdy from Wyoming virtguy, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I'm actually about 20 minutes south of downtown Raleigh, myself.

Around Fuquay I am guessing. I am just south of Lillington. You have plenty of great places to fly around us. One I have been hanging out at lately is down in Kipling flying around the Kipling Cross. Golden hour is the best time for that though as in the middle of the day everything just washes out. I have been down to Erwin and flown around the old Denim Mill there and down to where they old airport once was and flown out of there and around the river.

Right now it is time for everything around us to harvest so I have been flying over farms running video of tractors and farm equipment in operation. It gives you good practice at filming moving objects that have a consistent movement to them.

Haven't tried, but I think you'd be able to.

You could make it from DD to downtown, but it is a mile and a half flight to Halifax Mall and once downtown you have a lot of potential for interference so personally I wouldn't try it. But a much better option may be to fly out of the parking lot at Seaboard Station. I have seen some videos several people have posted that I am pretty sure that is where they took off from. I also saw a video that they took off from the Tennis Courts at Halifax and Franklin. There is also a parking lot at the corner of East and New Bern that on the weekends is pretty vacant and would get you just 4 blocks away from the Capital building. I have not flown out from any of those locations yet but I have been scouting them out for a while. OH also there is a place called the Boat Park on the corner of South and Dawson. It is a vacant lot where they park the boat trailers and any other stuff when they are having an event at the Convention Center. I see a lot of photographers down there at times using it as a base for taking pictures of the skyline.

Reactions: MrsTreat
You could make it from DD to downtown, but it is a mile and a half flight to Halifax Mall and once downtown you have a lot of potential for interference so personally I wouldn't try it. But a much better option may be to fly out of the parking lot at Seaboard Station. I have seen some videos several people have posted that I am pretty sure that is where they took off from. I also saw a video that they took off from the Tennis Courts at Halifax and Franklin. There is also a parking lot at the corner of East and New Bern that on the weekends is pretty vacant and would get you just 4 blocks away from the Capital building. I have not flown out from any of those locations yet but I have been scouting them out for a while. OH also there is a place called the Boat Park on the corner of South and Dawson. It is a vacant lot where they park the boat trailers and any other stuff when they are having an event at the Convention Center. I see a lot of photographers down there at times using it as a base for taking pictures of the skyline.

Dorthy Dix is sort of on a hill. I’ve been able to get downtown. Using Litchi or a mission planner I’m confident I’ll be able to circle. Also good views of NC State and Pullen from DD.

Reactions: Cbslagle
Wow, great info everyone, thanks! Yeah, I'm around the Fuquay, Holly Springs, Apex mashup area. I'll definitely try to hit up some of those locations and see what's up. Was also considering Yates Mill. Have done some photography there but not sure how good it would be for flying.

Dorthy Dix is sort of on a hill. I’ve been able to get downtown. Using Litchi or a mission planner I’m confident I’ll be able to circle. Also good views of NC State and Pullen from DD.

I am a Wolfpack Alumn. :)

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman