DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from San Francisco!

dhl

Reactions
Greetings All!

I'm a new Mavic Mini 2 pilot in San Francisco. This wasn't my idea, my friend got the drone and she's asked me to learn to fly so we can take some nice aerial videos. I've always been interested in drones so I'm ready to dive in and learn.

SF folks, where is it okay to fly the Mini 2 in the City? Google has been a bit confusing. Any real-world advice much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello from the Crossroads of America dhl.

The Mini 2 may not have to be registered with the FAA, but you should take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly, if you haven't done it yet.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. I've never flown in SF but did find this:
5 Places to fly your drone in San Francisco

BLUE PARK, Yerba Buena Island is listed in the link above, I've been there, and it has great views of the bay.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Greetings All!

I'm a new Mavic Mini 2 pilot in San Francisco. This wasn't my idea, my friend got the drone and she's asked me to learn to fly so we can take some nice aerial videos. I've always been interested in drones so I'm ready to dive in and learn.

SF folks, where is it okay to fly the Mini 2 in the City? Google has been a bit confusing. Any real-world advice much appreciated. Thanks!
You might want to head across the Golden Gate toward San Rafael to get out of the crowded airspace of SF. Vallejo and Richmond are generally too windy. My favorite places to fly are over BLM land, so look for those you are willing to drive to.

Attachments

• 1671C58D-730E-44E2-B30E-F807BB10D10A.png
    1671C58D-730E-44E2-B30E-F807BB10D10A.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum...Congratulations on your new Mavic Mini 2...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good quality feedback for you to use... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart and keep it in VLOS (visual line of sight).

If you come across the bay, a great place to practice flying your drone is Cesar Chavez Park, which is drone friendly, on the Berkeley waterfront. Expansive open area, wonderful views of the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge. You can practice flying safely without worrying about obstructions. And you’ll impress your friends with the photos and videos you’ll capture.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78