DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Great Smoky Mountains (East Tennessee)

TnDronePilot

Reactions
Glad to be in da club. I'm new to the drone world but have been a fan for years. I used to fly an RC helicopter. Wait a minute! I have to be truthful. I flew my RC helicopter for about 30 seconds before I buried it into the ground. Let me explain.

This was one of those single rotor-bladed models that cost over $1000. It was the T-Rex 300 or something similar. I initially bought the training software with the dummy box and was a freaking pro with every model within 2 months. Then I went out with my best friend and my wife to the local soccer field and got my helicopter up and hovering which by the way, isn't easy compared to these easy-mode drones. Anyway, I had that puppy hovering awesome until a slight wind started to push the heli a little to the left. I started to freak out a little and it didn't help that my hands were shaking faster than a wet dog fresh out of a frozen lake.

Before I knew it, the heli drifted over my left shoulder and then behind my back where it proceeded to nosedive straight into the ground. Then I heard the dreaded words " I told you you were gonna crash that thing." You know, in that annoying naggy voice? Ughhhh. I hate when she's right. After I did the walk of shame to pick up the pieces, I decided to sell it on Ebay and took an early retirement from the hobby. I did do some NTSB-style internal investigation on my fatal flight and realized that I didn't turn my head and body to keep it from smashing 0 feet AGL at 40mph. It was totally the software's fault because the camera in the simulator moved automatically so I never learned to turn my own **** head. I'd sue but I think I'm past the statue of limitations.

Fast forward 15 years and a lot of dark days to the present day, I decided to buy my first drone a few weeks ago and got the Mavic Mini. Based on my past aerial experience and still knowing these modern day drones practically fly on their own, my pucker factor was still a solid 97 out of 10. Once I lifted off, I knew I was back to pro status. I messed around with the Mini for a couple of weeks and decided to return it back to Amazon to get the Mavic Air 2 which arrives tomorrow. What a difference in technology between the RC helicopter and these drones. The best part is, the old ball and chain will never be able to say "I told you so!". Well, maybe she will when I can't stop buying more drones.

Glad to be here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome. I will be flying in Ashville this weekend. Hopeful to get some good shots at Dusk. And before anybody ask or suggest...i'm not going anywhere near the Biltmore House. It would be awesome to see the christmas lights from the sky though.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
First, I have been to the Smokeys twice, with out a drone, love the area.
Got, to visit a lot of people with my 4 wheeler, had fun.
Second, Is please check out Mavic Tips, on how to prevent Flyaways.
I still check, off and on to remind me as well. Anyway, keep the props pointing upward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78