Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Whitehorse (Yukon)

WayNorth Enterprises

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Good morning everyone,

Thought we would day Hello, and check in and see if anyone else was flying drones in the Yukon? We just recently purchased and received (about two weeks) the DJI Mavic Air 2, sharing the photos, hyper lapse and videos with family and friends.

All the best to each of you, happy flying from a Canuck in the far far north!
Thanks,

Good morning everyone,

Thought we would day Hello, and check in and see if anyone else was flying drones in the Yukon? We just recently purchased and received (about two weeks) the DJI Mavic Air 2, sharing the photos, hyper lapse and videos with family and friends.

Thanks,
Hi there fellow canadian. Hope to see vid and picture from your beautiful province. Happy flying and enjoy

Good morning lowellton,

Tomorrow we will post up a YouTube video of a "Yukon Sunset at 11:45 pm" from a few days ago, just have to finish editing the video... taking a fair bit of time. We were testing out a ND4 filter on the drone... hopefully it will turn out good.

Have a great Friday!
Thanks,

Last edited:
Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow Canadians will help you adjust to TC regs, and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App.
Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Good morning Hauptmann,

Always good advice and thank you for it.

It took a few days but we made sure that the drone is registered with DJI and Government of Canada with Transport Canada, I myself also had to be registered, plus I to pass the Small Basic Exam get your Pilot Certificate – Basic Operations, as we have to abide by Nav Canada rules and regulations.

Canada has more regulations on Drone's and RC aircraft than most other countries...

Have a great Friday!
Thanks,

hello,
Yukon is so nice!
I just have a stay in whitehorse for one day.
Do you know anyone who is selling his/her Mavic air 2?
Or, do you know any store I could buy it right now?
I want to buy a drone for this beautiful sense of Yukon.
Many Thanks!
Ben

Don't forget you'll need at least a basic license from transport canada and the drone will have to be registered. Better to get it and sort all of that out before you go! Purchases made at best buy now include Coastal Drone Co's ground school course.

Good morning everyone,

Thanks,
Hi from the Nation's Capital. Wish I had your views up there for flying; looking forward to your pics and videos.

Good morning BenMo,

The DJI Mavic Air 2 was not easy to find for us either, after we did some Google searching, we ordered ours from Apple Canada. It only took a few days for it to arrive to us in the Yukon.

Hope this information helps,
Thanks,

Reactions: Hauptmann
Don't forget you'll need at least a basic license from transport canada and the drone will have to be registered. Better to get it and sort all of that out before you go! Purchases made at best buy now include Coastal Drone Co's ground school course.

Good morning Cmurr,

Thanks for sharing information on that, great if your a down south area. I am not aware of anyone yet in the Yukon doing drone training courses...

Thanks,

Hi from the Nation's Capital. Wish I had your views up there for flying; looking forward to your pics and videos.

Good morning Rowder,

Yes w are very fortunate to be in the Yukon, lost vast areas in the Territory to experience and see. We are hoping sometime in the next few years to be able to come to Ottawa and see your great city, lost of history and sites to see.

Sorry to say our ISP provider had yet another major outage and we were not able to upload anything; standard issue with being this far north... will try to get some new stuff posted today... but the internet is being very slow and pokey. NWtel might still be having problems (news story).

Thanks,

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some pics/videos from the great white north.

Good morning Ol' Sparky,

Well its just about mid July and we still have some snow in the hills around Whitehorse, cooler weather has been moving in... and yes a few of the leaves are already turning yellow in colour. Might be an early fall for us; good news is fire season has been very quiet this year for the most part, we have been very lucky.

How has your weather been in Delta BC this year?

Thanks,

Good morning BenMo,

The DJI Mavic Air 2 was not easy to find for us either, after we did some Google searching, we ordered ours from Apple Canada. It only took a few days for it to arrive to us in the Yukon.

Hope this information helps,
Thanks,

Thank you very much for your reminder.
I will try to find it today.
I changed my treval route, just arrived Whitehorse yesterday night.

Have a nice day!

Ben

Good afternoon everyone,

Well here we go! We did up a few different video's and posted them on the YouTube site, there are fairly basic views of the Whitehorse area. We have a few more, but still editing them... I am beginning to think editing videos and photos is more work than flying the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone. An hour of flying the drone... 3 days to a week editing; maybe I am just slow eh.

DJI Mavic Air 2 - Hyper Lapse View
DJI Mavic Air 2 Cloudy Day - Hpyer Lapse
DJI Mavic Air 2 Flight at Fish Lake 2
Sunset in the Yukon

We hope you enjoy these other videos!

All the best from the Yukon,
Thanks,

Reactions: lowellton
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads