DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Wollongong, for now

bkmiictian

Reactions
Hi all
I picked up a M2Z based on advice on this forum and also the care refresh. The community seems very warm and full of knowledgeable and helpful folks.
I have also bought a Taranis FrSky QX7 and a simulator on steam to make a few free mistakes. I have some prior experience with Syma but not confident enough.
I am from India, traveling across 4 continents over the next 12 months, and feel that this is the best way to chronicle my steps.
I did go thru the training videos, but there was too much happening on the screen and so thought of doing a first quick flight indoors. Forgot how to land it. Thankfully, the drone hovered 1m above the ground without any wobble (not used to a high quality machine). But it kept saying 'obstacle detected' and wouldn't land. Thankfully, remembered the emergency landing button from the training video. Lesson learnt, planning to go thru the videos a few times before I try again. Maybe by the time I reach Melbourne, I should feel more confident. Looking forward to some exciting times!
bkmiictian

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup.

Welcome to the forum! :)

welcome to the forum it will all get easier the more you fly and gain experience good luck

Welcome and enjoy your road trip with the M2Z.
Be sure to download the Opensky app for places ok to fly, has all the major airspace and fires zones, but doesn’t have National Parks restrictions or local councils.
NSW and VIC parks are pretty much off limits, as are a lot of council regions.
With councils, they very often have bylaws outruling model aircraft do take off and landing on land under their authority.
I find though if you fly early / late when few people are about, and fly considerately / sensibly, you probably won’t come to any trouble.
There are plenty of places to fly safely, it’s a big place [emoji1037] [emoji39]

Edit. Oh, and don’t forget https://www.casa.gov.au/drones/rules/drone-safety-rules

G’Day from Western Australia - hope you get over this way. Flying is great - but make sure you never try to fly near a bushfire - they have to cancel water bombing aeroplanes if anyone sees a drone! Enjoy Australia! It’s a great and safe place.

Thank you everyone for the useful pieces of advice. Really get a leg up learning from your experiences. The challenge I am facing is that the Android country is not set to Australia so I am unable to download the Opensky app. I will look for an apk this week or reset an old phone to Australia region. Also, helpful to know about the bushfire restrictions. Will be mindful. Thanks again!

Hi all
I picked up a M2Z based on advice on this forum and also the care refresh. The community seems very warm and full of knowledgeable and helpful folks.
I have also bought a Taranis FrSky QX7 and a simulator on steam to make a few free mistakes. I have some prior experience with Syma but not confident enough.
I am from India, traveling across 4 continents over the next 12 months, and feel that this is the best way to chronicle my steps.
I did go thru the training videos, but there was too much happening on the screen and so thought of doing a first quick flight indoors. Forgot how to land it. Thankfully, the drone hovered 1m above the ground without any wobble (not used to a high quality machine). But it kept saying 'obstacle detected' and wouldn't land. Thankfully, remembered the emergency landing button from the training video. Lesson learnt, planning to go thru the videos a few times before I try again. Maybe by the time I reach Melbourne, I should feel more confident. Looking forward to some exciting times!
bkmiictian
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Zoom, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman