DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello! My first drone.

• Thread starter Deleted member 125666
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 125666

One of my main interest the last 6-7 years have been nature and photography.

Looked on drones a few times when they was publicly accessible "everywhere" and showcased in hobbyist stores worth their name. And even if I really wanted a RC plane, helicopter, boat, car and what not as a kid I thought that even the cheapest drone was to expensive so I eventually bought a small RC helicopter with a few minutes fly time and a few minutes charge time. I used it a few times over 2 or three days and since then I don't know where it is and I miss it far to little to spend energy to find it. I guess I was ridden by the curse of being not young enough or old enough to have fun with toys (jesting).

Anyway this last two months I have been going back and forth whether I should spend the tax return money on an electric boat engine or save the money for a rainy day because of covid19.

And while doing some internet shop browsing I found an underwater drone which was for me amazingly intriguing and I also found the Mavic Mini while them not being cheap they was also not to expensive. I would be able to purchase them both with the tax return. I was almost ordering both of them by impulse.

I speak of most of my plans to a friend at work, most of my dreams and plans doesn't come true but they are fun to talk about. She was actually surprised that I did not already own a drone as I am so much into photography as I am. I explained that with that I consider them to be to expensive and that I would rather buy a new camera objective or so. And that I didn't see that I have much use for a drone, I'm not into making movies/film clips or such things, I have yet to use my current camera to record movie clips with it. My interest are in still photography and even though I have seen a lot of photos made by drones that I like I have never considered a drone.

But as I wrote earlier I had almost ordered a Mavic Mini I spent several hours to look at YouTube. This was just a few days after DJI released the Air 2 ... and of course ... marketing does what marketing actually are supposed to do so I ended up ordering a Mavic Air 2 with fly more combo.

I received it last Thursday been flying merely a few hours, realized how easy it may be to hit trees even though I watched several YouTube videos on mistakes other people have I almost seem to make them anyway, I have yet to crash and hope I won't but I realize that there are a lot things to get used to when controlling the drone.

It is a fantastic thing and of course I have use for it (as the marketing told me) and making short film clips is great fun ... and supposedly I am old enough to have fun with toys again.

:)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi