DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, image quallity of 4k Video is terrible! (MavicPro1)

Marshall1981

Reactions
Hello friends.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have problem with the image quality of my 4k videos.
Especially in the dark area´s. At the right bottom u can see a single dust particle but i mean the other area´s, its not clear at all and u can see color bandings. Should i change my lens from Mavic Pro? Is it broken? I know about the single dust particle but i mean the others..

Any help would appreciate it!

Do you have any day video ??

What FPS are you using ??

Very low light so its hard to expect good quality video.

I do see what looks like a ? in the bottom right.

Any crashes, etc?

Hello friends.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have problem with the image quality of my 4k videos.
Especially in the dark area´s. At the right bottom u can see a single dust particle but i mean the other area´s, its not clear at all and u can see color bandings. Should i change my lens from Mavic Pro? Is it broken? I know about the single dust particle but i mean the others..

Any help would appreciate it!

First of all your lens is incredibly dirty. It’s much more then just a dust particle. If you can’t get that off then yes you need a new lens.

You also gotta use ND filters during the day. I don’t see any obvious color banding?

Mavic Pro isn’t that great in low light without some skilled post processing. It’s just a small lens. Use D-cinelike, MP d-log isn’t that great.

I use 25Fps and 50Shutterspeed. In the morning i dont need nd filters cause i reached the nesessary values(25fps/50Shutterspeed) without nd filters) At day i gota use it.

Ok so i need a new lens i think. I was trying to clean that lens but that was all i can get.
But i see the structure of sensor not any dirty patricle(dont mean that piece of dust) Looks like the lens is broken?! No i havent any crashes with the drone.

What do u mean with skillet post processing? Which technique? Can u give me any keywords that i can type in search bar at youtube?

Many thanks for answers

***ps://youtu.be/T6u931wfMc4

You need to look in 4k at youtube it self so u can see it better cause i see that the sensor is broken?! Look at botom left u can see a form of a grid from the sensor

Its under exposed, up the ISO. Colour banding happens when there is a gradual transition in the colour for example, the sky. If you have 8 bit colour depth then there are 2^8 = 256 colour values available and so the binary representation of a colour is limited and approximations to the colour have to be made resulting in banding. With 10 bit colour you have 1024 steps for the colour and so a better representation of the colour. 12 bit will allow 2048 choices and so on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi