DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, lost my brand new mavic mini!

Bobbygaz09

Reactions
Hey guys.
I am on reddit and was referred to this page... I just got a mavic mini. Today I was flying it and the wind took it. I tried to use the return to base function and it said it was working, but the drone never came back. How can I upload the necessary info for you guys to help me? Can i post a video of the flight log?

Last edited:
Hey guys.
I am on reddit and was referred to this page... I just got a mavic mini. Today I was flying it and the wind took it. I tried to use the return to base function and it said it was working, but the drone never came back. How can I upload the necessary info for you guys to help me? Can i post a video of the flight log?
Start by attaching the TXT log you have in the mobile device you flew with ... go here and read up under point 3 how to retrieve ---> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide , attach it then in a new post here.

Reactions: Thomas B
So, is the minis only retreivable by dji? Meaning I have to wait until they open back up?
Why DJI? They just told you what they need to try and help you...

Slup wrote:
"Start by attaching the TXT log you have in the mobile device you flew with ... go here and read up under point 3 how to retrieve ---> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide , attach it then in a new post here."

It is the Aircraft DAT file that is only readable by DJI.
Read the above instructions and post the TXT files for starters.

Hi Bobby, you have my sympathy, I flew my mini yesterday, light winds lovely day got about 200 meters away ,I get a wind warning, hit the come home and up it goes in to higher wind ! A voice in my head is saying don't panic, I brought it back down to about 20 meters, warning stops, but drone is out of site I used the camera and on screen map to work out its location, it was way south from where I expected, I brought it back manually, useing sport mode, had me going so I can amagin how you feel ! Hope you find your drone . Let us all know.

Reactions: Bobbygaz09
It is the Aircraft DAT file that is only readable by DJI.
Read the above instructions and post the TXT files for starters.

The DAT stays in the mini sub folder until it is either manual synced, or it auto syncs.
It disappears very fast ! So I assume most leave their system set to auto sync.

I find for new pilots, the Phantom Help upload page is simplest, yes, it's listed on @sar104 analysis thread post, but I think it's a bit hidden there and may get confused with airdata.

Reactions: Bobbygaz09

The DAT stays in the mini sub folder until it is either manual synced, or it auto syncs.
It disappears very fast ! So I assume most leave their system set to auto sync.

I find for new pilots, the Phantom Help upload page is simplest, yes, it's listed on @sar104 analysis thread post, but I think it's a bit hidden there and may get confused with airdata.

I've edited that guide to try to make it clearer. Further suggestions welcomed...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive