DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Flight Records of Lost MavicMmini

Bobbygaz09

Reactions
Hey guys. My brand new mini got taken away by the wind today. Really disappointing. Is there anyone who can check out my link and tell me what they think? This is my first time doing this so please let me know if I extracted the data ok!

drone_data

Those are the correct files. Clearly it was blown by some pretty strong winds - at the end of the recorded data it was being driven backwards at around 4 m/s. There is a strange pitch excursion 2 seconds before the log ends, at which point the data abruptly stop with no precursor signal loss. Did the app quit, or did you get a signal lost message?

Attitude.png

Reactions: Cw4bray
Well, I'm not sure what happened there, which leaves a couple of possibilities. I don't like the sudden loss of downlink - that, together with the strange attitude excursion at the end open up the possibility that the aircraft simply shut down, maybe due to a battery disconnect. In that case it should be easy to find - applying the simple laws of motion with drag gives the following trajectory shown in green:

grab47.jpg

Alternatively, if it simply lost signal and continued to be blown away, then extrapolating the battery depletion rate to the smart battery autoland level shows the following:

Battery.png

That indicates that it should have autolanded at around 1165 m from the home point:

grab48.jpg

Not a promising location.

Any shot in hell DJI issues me a replacement?

If it shut down in mid-air and you can find it, then likely a warranty case, and obviously replaceable if you purchased the refresh option. If it blew away and you find it then again, refresh should cover it, but not a warranty claim. If you can't find it then you might be able to persuade them to offer 30% discount.

Reactions: Bobbygaz09
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke