DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me identify all the faults with my mavic

RMA in progress. apparently it's 5-7 working days to repair, according to DJI. fingers crossed

Well done .... this is the right move IMO this will help DJI understand the early production issues so we all end up with a better drone.

pack her up, get a new replacement, shouldn't be repairing brand new gear

Reactions: dam
mixture of opinions then. If it were an ideal scenario, i'd go with a refund and new order. But there are no new orders to be had, and I've given up my position (just had the refund) on my other order. That leaves me without a craft until Jan/Feb.

I have faith that this is an isolated problem (camera/gimbal) from the discussion here, and easy to fix. No real reason not to just get it replaced, with a warranty repair

Reactions: Pedro
Dead right, it's not like they're going to do a complete strip down and rebuild..

mixture of opinions then. If it were an ideal scenario, i'd go with a refund and new order. But there are no new orders to be had, and I've given up my position (just had the refund) on my other order. That leaves me without a craft until Jan/Feb.

I have faith that this is an isolated problem (camera/gimbal) from the discussion here, and easy to fix. No real reason not to just get it replaced, with a warranty repair

A few of the returns I have seen on this and other forums seem to be receiving NEW drones not repaired ones ...... so you may just be sent a new drone as this one seems to have a few issues not just one.

if you dont want to sound like the drone police dont act like one.. :)

sorry but i could not resist.. :)

trog

Can I ask why he can't fly it over those houses? It doesn't look to me like a congested area in the slightest. So long as he remains a minimum distance of 50 meters to the properties he is totally within his rights?

Can I ask why he can't fly it over those houses? It doesn't look to me like a congested area in the slightest. So long as he remains a minimum distance of 50 meters to the properties he is totally within his rights?

Ignore the drone policeman. Why he decided to chime with that old nonsense when the OP is facing a product issue is beyond me!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: dam
Ignore the drone policeman. Why he decided to chime with that old nonsense when the OP is facing a product issue is beyond me!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I'm only asking as a new owner I've been trying to get a concrete or at least clearer understanding of the uk drone law. I find it quite open to misinterpretation.

Having been told on online chat that I would get sent an email about the RMA process today, I then got a reply to a previous email I had sent over the weekend, which says the following:

We regret to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your Mavic Pro. You mentioned that you would like to know how can you request for a replacement for your Mavic Pro. Please be informed that we can request for replacements for DJI products after 15 days from activation date. Please refer to the link After-Sales Service Policies - DJI .
WTF!!!!?? I'm sure as hell not waiting 15 days before they will order me a replacement gimbal. that is total BS, and also I can't see any reference to that in their link. I will have it out with them in the morning, but the mixed messages are quite annoying.

Their 'questionnaire' for the initiation of the service request is worded along the lines of a repair needed because of a crash/user error. Clearly my case is a faulty unit, and I'm hopeful that I'm protected by some UK/EU (!) consumer laws about having this repaired in a timely manner.

Look up the definition of a congested area as per the CAA and you will see this most definitely is.
He would need to have the houses 'under his control' with permissions in place for flights within 50m of buildings, structures, vehicles, people, vessels etc.
No flying directly overhead - ever unless you have an approved OSC and non standard permissions from the CAA (and you won't get one with a quad!). :)

Reactions: Andy
But I'm flying above my own house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But within 50m of your neighbours and adjacent houses.
Don't shoot the messenger, it's just the Air Navigation Order and law in the UK.
Since you are sub 7kg the 150m rule for a congested area won't apply but since you are flying a SUAS the rules apply for a camera equipped aircraft

Out of interest (genuinely) - on which axis is this measurement taken? I'm 50m above my own house (say). That makes me more than 50m from anybody's house and not above any of them.

Out of interest (genuinely) - on which axis is this measurement taken? I'm 50m above my own house (say). That makes me more than 50m from anybody's house and not above any of them.

Imagine the the 50m as a 'bubble' rather than a lateral distance. However this does not mean that you can fly overhead of houses cars etc if you are over 50m agl.
Once you are decending that lateral distance increases dramatically so at near ground level you would need to maintain 50m stand off. (Unless the house/structure is deemed under your control)
This distance is reduced to 30m during take off and landing only.

This should help https://www.caa.co.uk click on the Drone section

How far does this rule extend? Does it apply equally to a husban x4?

There must be an entire industry of drones designed for use in one's garden that are flawed by these laws.

How far does this rule extend? Does it supply equally to a husban x4?

There must be an entire industry of your drones designed for use in one's garden that are flawed by these laws.

Depends whether it is camera equipped of not.
If it has a camera fitted then it is subject to the Air Navigation Order CAP393 94/95 - there are no exceptions.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett