DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP. Pleaseeeee.

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
I realised a few minutes ago that DJI Fly has been scamming me out of flight logs from October, November, January, and some of February which I really (really, really, a lot more really) need.

I intend to submit my A2 CofC (Some of you might not know what this is) flight logs in the next few days and annoyingly there are several logs missing which I have images from but not the actual flight log. In other words, my hours since February are messed up and I have no idea how much I have to be flying in the next two or three days.

Can anybody please advise me on how I can find/attempt to find these missing files?

I use an iPhone 7 for flights, and these flights were all taken on this phone. (Two different iCloud accounts which I have access to though.)

Somebody please help me. This is so frustrating.

Can anybody please advise me on how I can find/attempt to find these missing files?
One way I do download my logs is by using Airdata and their mobile app. Once you install it and Sync, you can open the website on your computer and download the logs in any format you want.
However in the free version of Airdata, you can only view and download the last 100 logs.

unless they have changed the rules regarding the A2 C of C then flight logs are not a requirement ,for that qualification i did not have to submit any when i took my A2 C of C

Reactions: twickers14
Have you actually looked on the phone itself?
Do you back up logs to a HDD before uploading them to somewhere the cloud?

Is it possible that the fault is your's or the cloud's rather than the App's or DJI's?
Could you have deleted logs or moved logs rather than copied logs?

What reason would there be for either the App or DJI to "scam" you?

I do not use cloud storage, nor sync my flight logs, for the simple reason that stuff in cloud storage is not in my possession. If I lose/delete the logs on an HDD in my possession I have no one to blame but myself.

I have over 2000 txt flight logs, plus most of the corresponding DATs, all backed up to HDD.
Over 1000 of those txt flight logs are from the FLY app and the only times any significant number of those txt/DAT have been 'missing' from a phone's own records is when that phone was not connected to the controller in the first place.
DATs are sequentially numbered so it is easy to see when one is missing.

It is impossible for me to say whether or not a phone has, when it was connected to the a drone, recorded every single log or, conversely, failed to recorded every missing log, but large scale 'losses' from the phones' own records have not happened, full stop
I primarily use Android but I do have 2 iPhones, bought specifically for use with the fly App, but still tend to use the Androids with the FLY App

Yes I have lost logs from both HDD and phones but I am nore than 'satisfied' that these losses are due to mistakes in my handling of them e.g. when 'copying' logs from a phone to the HDD it is all too easy to "move" rather than "copy". Accidentally deleting originals whilst deleting copies seems to be my favourite method of 'losing' logs from the HDD.

Last edited:
That’s what my understanding Is too.
as far as i am aware the requirement for recorded flying hours only applies to the GVC ,so maybe he is taking that

FWIW when I first set up my AirData account, it took me several tries to get all of my flight logs imported. I noticed several old logs were missing, and since I didn't need them I basically shrugged and said, "Aw darn." But then I flew a few more times, and the new flights didn't show up, so I used the DJI Fly app to "Upload all to the cloud" and then re-sync'ed in AirData, and after I'd been through that cycle a few times, I discovered I had not only my new logs but the old/missing logs as well.

unless they have changed the rules regarding the A2 C of C then flight logs are not a requirement ,for that qualification i did not have to submit any when i took my A2 C of C
I had to prove I have four hours in the last ninety days. There were flight logs missing and I was attempting to get them back to add to my hours instead of doing new ones.

FWIW when I first set up my AirData account, it took me several tries to get all of my flight logs imported. I noticed several old logs were missing, and since I didn't need them I basically shrugged and said, "Aw darn." But then I flew a few more times, and the new flights didn't show up, so I used the DJI Fly app to "Upload all to the cloud" and then re-sync'ed in AirData, and after I'd been through that cycle a few times, I discovered I had not only my new logs but the old/missing logs as well.
Where can I find the ‘upload all to the cloud’?

I think there was also an Upload All button if you go to Profile, and then click the "More >" button in the left hand column. I'm all caught up now, so all my flight records are showing a little cloud icon saying they've been uploaded, but I think when I had flights that weren't uploaded yet, there was a button in the top right. (I've also got an Autel Evo II, though, so I could be confusing the two apps.)

I took my A2cofc very recently and was asked to prove 2 hours of flight time not with the flight logs but a screen shot of the fly app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman