DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help w/ App: Getting video from Drone to App

Reactions
I recently shot some video with my drone but was over the cache limit on my app. The video is stored on my drone, I can see the file but I have no idea how to get the video into my DJI app to edit it. I can't edit it on my computer because it can't handle 4k

Any help here would be awesome

You might be able to edit on your PC , if you turn down the preview resolution when editing.
What video editor do you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What computer have you got? I think that usually they are OK to view videos, but they are very jerky and slow to load if the processor is slow. You can get a free video editor (google it) that will reduce the resolution to say, 1080p, which, unless you're computer is antediluvian should be OK. You don't have to use DJI Go, BTW.
Alternatively, simply reduce the resolution in the Mavic when you're filming.

You might be able to edit on your PC , if you turn down the preview resolution when editing.
What video editor do you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks - I have tried to open the file in QuickTime, VLC, and Windows Media player and all three say they cannot open the file. I know nothing has happened to the file because I uploaded it to dropbox and can watch it fine from there

The issue is that I can't even get it to open the file

What computer have you got? I think that usually they are OK to view videos, but they are very jerky and slow to load if the processor is slow. You can get a free video editor (google it) that will reduce the resolution to say, 1080p, which, unless you're computer is antediluvian should be OK. You don't have to use DJI Go, BTW.
Alternatively, simply reduce the resolution in the Mavic when you're filming.

Thanks for the feedback - I will look into both of those options

Did you try the GoPro Studio? I know that this thread is old, but I'm new to the Mavic and that is what I have been using.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom