DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with cause of a Mavic crash into the sea.

the same thing happened to me. the mavic does not calculate wind to come back. that is why it crashed before it got to home point

Ok, an update.

I got home from Thailand and took the Mavic apart to try clean off the salt better. It looked a MESS inside the bottom panel. Covered in salt. The top circuit board (the one you see after removing the top of the Mavic) seemed perfectly fine.

The bottom panel you remove, I think has heat sinks or something on it and blue stuff, that was totally messed up and looks nasty :(

Anyway, cleaned it with alcohol and rinsed it and left it to dry.

The Mavic turns ON, but it is strange.

The first time I turned it on it was just a constant slow, loud beeping.

The second time I turned it on it had the flashing yellow light (not connect to RC)

The third and final time I turned it on, it stays constant red (critical error).

I don't have DJI refresh care, but I started a repair ticket with DJI. Do you think it's worth sending off to DJI? I live in Istanbul and have to post it to Germany.

Attachments

• File 30-07-2017, 15 21 38.jpeg
    File 30-07-2017, 15 21 38.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 89
  • File 30-07-2017, 15 21 20.jpeg
    File 30-07-2017, 15 21 20.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
Also, I just realized I voided the warranty by opening it to try clean off the salt, didn't I? :(

Does they mean they won't even offer repairs?

I can definitely see a bird at the very end of the video!
49ba5a9d59301eafc410bd1aabbdded6.jpg

Hi. did u turn of VPS?
cause when u fly ure drone over a transparant surface or water , the first thing to do is to disable VPS cause water will absorb most of the sound that comes out of the sonar and the info it will get will be faulsy and that could cause a crash.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Be curious to see how the repair works out for you. I suspect they'll just sell you "drone only" so you might be better off just buying that from the start. Once you've gotten salt water in there, the electronics will always be suspect and life shortened. Specially as it sounds like it sat in there for a while.

Birds! Darn. Birds chase my drone every time I fly it. They have not given me a problem yet, but I didn't even think that a hit of a small bird could cause a prop to fly off and then... no move Mavic.

Hi all,

It's been a while, so I just thought I'd update you on what happened.

I sent the drone back off the repair center in Germany, and within literally a day of them receiving it, I received an email back saying:

"Dear Customer,

After testing and diagnosing your product,DJI will provide you with a free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days,then the product will be sent back to you."

They are replacing the Mavic body and propellers at a cost of 729.83 Euros which they are covering.

Obviously, I am an extremely happy person right now :) Thanks for all the comments and advice!

Great and extremely quick service from DJI for me personally.

Hi all,

It's been a while, so I just thought I'd update you on what happened.

I sent the drone back off the repair center in Germany, and within literally a day of them receiving it, I received an email back saying:

"Dear Customer,

After testing and diagnosing your product,DJI will provide you with a free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days,then the product will be sent back to you."

They are replacing the Mavic body and propellers at a cost of 729.83 Euros which they are covering.

Obviously, I am an extremely happy person right now :) Thanks for all the comments and advice!

Great and extremely quick service from DJI for me personally.
Hi, i know its a bit long since your post.
Im a new user here, just crashes my drone into sea.

May i know u mentioned dji replaced a new mavic body, as in the whole drone for u?

The whole process took abt 2 months?

How would u advise me after retrieving it from the sea? Like u mentioned its full of salt.
Shall i open it up? Also the batt seems dead. No more lights when i press the power button.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore