DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with .dat file

EnabledGnat87

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I am still very new when it comes to deciphering .dat files and was wondering if someone could help me.. I took my Mavic Pro out to Stillwater yesterday and flew over the new Hwy 36 bridge connecting to Wisconsin. I had the Mavic about 7000 ft away, could still see the drone although a small speck, and the remote/DJI Go App stated poor connection to RC. I moved myself closer to the lake to get a better signal, but the video feed looked like the Mavic was spiraling. I uploaded the .dat file, was it just choppy video that made it look like it was spiraling? Was there an updraft that it caught in or did it hit something? It seemed like an eternity before the feed smoothed out and control was restored. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

.dat file link:
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-06-05_12-26-44.DAT

Hello everyone!

I am still very new when it comes to deciphering .dat files and was wondering if someone could help me.. I took my Mavic Pro out to Stillwater yesterday and flew over the new Hwy 36 bridge connecting to Wisconsin. I had the Mavic about 7000 ft away, could still see the drone although a small speck, and the remote/DJI Go App stated poor connection to RC. I moved myself closer to the lake to get a better signal, but the video feed looked like the Mavic was spiraling. I uploaded the .dat file, was it just choppy video that made it look like it was spiraling? Was there an updraft that it caught in or did it hit something? It seemed like an eternity before the feed smoothed out and control was restored. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

.dat file link:
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-06-05_12-26-44.DAT
Have you tried @BudWalker 's Viewer yet?
Here is the link.
CsvView/DatCon

Reactions: Jan sa0aqn
Just nice to read that this was not another crash landing somewhere and the Mavic could not be found. Great idea to research how to interpret .dat file flight logs before you really need to determine where your lost Mavic is

Hmm.. interesting. On DJI Assistant I can find logs for today the 5th and then it jumps back to 2/14. I found the flight log in the DJI Go App, is that pretty accurate even if the remote lost connection?

Hmm.. interesting. On DJI Assistant I can find logs for today the 5th and then it jumps back to 2/14. I found the flight log in the DJI Go App, is that pretty accurate even if the remote lost connection?

The timestamp for that DAT file (FLY022.DAT) starts at 2018-02-14 08:51:25Z, so it's definitely not the right one. It's also possible that the aircraft DAT for that flight is not on the internal SD card, but on the internal flash memory instead - it puts them there after the SD card fills up. If that is the case then the relevant DAT file will not be retrievable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder