DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with firmware upgrade version

luison

Reactions
Hi there. Haven't upgraded my Mavic for a while. Currently on 1.03.090

I am very interested on the new Pano mode for pictures as my tests with Android software haven't worked very well. I've heard is not possible to downgrade from the very latest 1.04.0100 but I am uncertain if the pano mode is on the previous one 1.04.0000 or 1.03.100

I am also not sure if I should upgrade via the assistance on Windows or is recommended to use some other firmware loader. I am happy with tweaking tools and rom manual upgrades.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jose Luis

I am uncertain if the pano mode is on the previous one 1.04.0000 or 1.03.100
Pano mode was added in firmware 1.04.0100.

Too bad for me. I am still trying to understand why the concerns about 1.4.100 not being downgradable? I tend to follow the if It works don't upgrade but really want that pano mode

Too bad for me. I am still trying to understand why the concerns about 1.4.100 not being downgradable? I tend to follow the if It works don't upgrade but really want that pano mode
Be patient; it's being worked on. The downside of not being able to downgrade outweighs the (probably temporary) inability to shoot panos.

If you're in a hurry to shoot panos, get Litchi - it can do it.

I have read that one major drawback of using 1.4.1 is that DJI has removed user access to flight logs. While it may one day be possible to again downgrade older Mavics, the newer Mavics have a significant hardware change that prevents using old firmwares.

PANO can be achieved quite easily and with the potential for dramatic quality increase and far more flexibility using software on PC. Microsoft gives 'ICE' away for free. If you use free FUSION HDR, you can take those PANO shots (8 shots seems to be good enough) in AEB mode, fuse them into beautiful HDR, and feed those into ICE for amazing results.

Having said that, I don't even do PANO shots anymore. They are annoying to view and I find them to be little more than a novelty.

I have read that one major drawback of using 1.4.1 is that DJI has removed user access to flight logs. While it may one day be possible to again downgrade older Mavics, the newer Mavics have a significant hardware change that prevents using old firmwares.
A simple workaround has been found for that hardware change (open her up and pop in an SD card) but it would certainly give DJI an excuse to refuse warranty repairs. Given the performance of DJI in that respect, I'd rather send mine to a third party anyway - I wouldn't want to risk getting back a borked refurb Mavic.

Fusion HDR is a good tip - thanks! Their sample shots look amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pathogen
Thanks. I've done a few panos manually. I am not concerned about the stitching (I've had good results with Autopano Pro and MS ICE) as of an automatic process to shoot the X number of photos. I did try a beta of Dronepan that didn't work so I either upgrade or go for Litchi.

My doubt is now if I should upgrade from my current 1.3.0900 to 1.4.0 considering I don't have any issues or use googles and also regarding the DJI Go App. I've read recommendations to downgrade to 4.0.6 and block later updates in order to reduce additional flight limitations and restriction zones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69