DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with flight log

Loxfrazbo

Reactions
Hi all. My dad got his new mavic pro 2 today so we took it up the field to mess about and try to track my truck but while it was hovering it suddenly span out of control and hit the ground and has already broke an arm. I have had a look at the flight log and nothing appears to have gone wrong but could somebody help me and point out if they can see anything. Many thanks

as I said its just a guess , but I can happen . we will just have to wait for the logs

I have posted the flight log viewer with my flight log if that's helpful? Or is it something else you need? ?
The TXT log isn't enough for this one, the DAT log is needed ... In the same place where you had the TXT log you have a subfolder called MCDatFlightRecords, look in that for a log that ends with FLY018.DAT ... attach that in a new post here.

The TXT log isn't enough for this one, the DAT log is needed ... In the same place where you had the TXT log you have a subfolder called MCDatFlightRecords, look in that for a log that ends with FLY018.DAT ... attach that in a new post here.
Is this what you are after?

Attachments

• 20-03-25-05-38-45_FLY018.DAT
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
I would say that this is a sudden power disconnect ... either the battery snapped out or something else that broke the power suddenly. Did you hear it go silent when it went down?

From the TXT log:

Nothing special here, everything looks fine, no sudden Yawing, pitching or rolling. All battery cells keep together nicely voltage wise. The only culprit is that everything stops at 10m height.

1585173239427.png

From the DAT log:

Motors even & nice as the AC were hovering, so no prop or motor issue ... & then the DAT log ends, AND a DAT log only ends when the AC is powered down.

1585173273893.png

Last edited:
From the sounds of @slup report above, it is possibly a battery leaving the aircraft, sometimes they aren't clicked in nicely, or a battery may be swollen, as Lipos do.
As it was new, it shouldn't be swollen, but check other batteries your dad may have, see if they are all nice and flat on that side.
If they are slightly discharged, put them on the charger, nad see if they stay flat, often when warmed up (charging or fling) they swell.
This can make them pop out on the M2P particularly, there have been numerous cases in M2P crashes posted on here.

My bet is possibly not clicked in properly on both sides, but the weird thing there is it was in tripod mode, which is slow and gentle.
Batteries popping out is often seen flying in sports mode, or pitching under stress, sudden stops, etc.

The good thing is if it's just an arm, it is a fairly easy repair for most handypersons, and some (fine / micro type) tools.
You and your dad might be able to tackle this together.
Youtube search > mavic 2 pro (front or rear as applicable) arm replacement < and see what you can find . . . good luck with it, she should fly again with minimal cost.

Even if your dad has Care Refresh, it's probably best to repair such a small problem.
Just check all things like camera are functioning properly before just assuming it's only the arm damage, start it up without props, just use the controls to check gimbal function, record a couple of photos and take a video, check all looks ok.

Reactions: Gindra
I would say that this is a sudden power disconnect ... either the battery snapped out or something else that broke the power suddenly. Did you hear it go silent when it went down?

From the TXT log:

Nothing special here, everything looks fine, no sudden Yawing, pitching or rolling. All battery cells keep together nicely voltage wise. The only culprit is that everything stops at 10m height.

View attachment 97227

From the DAT log:

Motors even & nice as the AC were hovering, so no prop or motor issue ... & then the DAT log ends, AND a DAT log only ends when the AC is powered down.

View attachment 97228
No, we didn't hear any change in sound. Just was looking at the controller and all of a sudden it come spiralling towards the ground. After we got home we powered it on again and we had lots of faults and we have managed to work our way through them no we have only got 1 "no attitude to imu".

Really appreciate all the help so far as this is almost £2000 lost in a day!

From the TXT log:

From the DAT log:

That's not quite correct - the DAT file will stop if the app fails, the mobile device disconnects from the RC, or the FC crashes. In this case I suspect the latter, especially if the motors continued to run during the descent. Other reasons to doubt a battery disconnect - the aircraft was stationary and level, and there were no precursor stick inputs. The event was immediately preceded by a mode switch, and there were a number of somewhat disconcerting entries in the event stream prior to the end of the log.

That's not quite correct - the DAT file will stop if the app fails, the mobile device disconnects from the RC, or the FC crashes. In this case I suspect the latter, especially if the motors continued to run during the descent. Other reasons to doubt a battery disconnect - the aircraft was stationary and level, and there were no precursor stick inputs. The event was immediately preceded by a mode switch, and there were a number of somewhat disconcerting entries in the event stream prior to the end of the log.
Could be the case also ...

The event was immediately preceded by a mode switch, and there were a number of somewhat disconcerting entries in the event stream prior to the end of the log.

Switching to tripod mode resulted in some sort of aircraft control error ?
Unusual.
Can this be elaborated on ? You might be working on it :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky