DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here's the Case MOD I Did Using An Apache 4800 Case From Harbor Freight

Awesome write-up. Just to let everyone know, there is a website called www.mycasebuilder.com that has a lot of options to cut foam for a wide variety of items including drones and accessories. I have the Apache 4800 as well and designed a foam insert that would hold both my Air 2, Pro Platinum, batteries and controllers for both... apache 4800 case foam.JPG
apache 4800 case foam3d.JPG

Awesome write-up. Just to let everyone know, there is a website called www.mycasebuilder.com that has a lot of options to cut foam for a wide variety of items including drones and accessories. I have the Apache 4800 as well and designed a foam insert that would hold both my Air 2, Pro Platinum, batteries and controllers for both... View attachment 115930
View attachment 115931
That's very cool. Thanks for the compliment a well. I'll make sure to check the website you linked.

Wow awesome work!

I have a 4800 and a 3800. While they both will fit my needs in going to keep the 3800 for another day.

However, the 4800 might just fit my zenpad z8s, the PGYTECH tablet holder, and some other essentials I am looking to stuff in here.

Plastidip is incredible stuff! I use it on our vehicles a ton and it holds up great.
Thanks for posting this up!

Reactions: PITTMAV69
Wow awesome work!

I have a 4800 and a 3800. While they both will fit my needs in going to keep the 3800 for another day.

However, the 4800 might just fit my zenpad z8s, the PGYTECH tablet holder, and some other essentials I am looking to stuff in here.

Plastidip is incredible stuff! I use it on our vehicles a ton and it holds up great.
Thanks for posting this up!
No Problem and thanks for the kind words. Good luck with your project. Please post some pictures of the final result. I'd like to see how it works out.

Heya brother. The foam is die cut when you buy the case so there really isn't a trick per say. I just used my fingers to "punch out" the little foam blocks either one; or several; at a time; depending on the size and shape that I wanted. There are 2 layers of the die cut foam with a top piece (The one in the Lid with the "dimples"; and the bottom piece that lies underneath the 2 die cut pieces) this allows you to choose how much of the top or bottom die cut pieces you want to expose. For example: I poked all the way through both die cut pieces when I needed a Deep Set cutout for the batteries; controller and drone. Conversely; when I did the cutouts for the cables; power supply and charging board I only poked out the topmost piece of foam so that those accessories wouldn't sink all the way to the bottom when I packed them for travel. It's really up to the individual and how they want to design the cutouts for what they want to hold in the case. That's why I like the die cut foam. That said; I also HIGHLY recommend using the Plasti-Dip as it will greatly reinforce the foam; especially in the areas where you may only have the width of a single block of foam between components. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that will show you how to do it but I would recommend this one for a more pro look to your finished product.
Good luck and fly safe.
Kyle.
Excellent work!

OK so Last night I tried my hand at the 'old Plasti Dip !

I think it worked out OK but will be doing the second round this evening on it.

Remember.....the arrangements I have seen on the web and what I have done do differ but they work for me!

If I could figure out how to post some pics here I would show you my progress!

:)

Remember.....the arrangements I have seen on the web and what I have done do differ but they work for me!

Start a post.... type the words... then hit the add media button and select the file. Confirm. Then it goes into your post.

Great to hear that it's working for you. Pictures of your progress would be great. If you're taking the pics with your phone; the first thing you'll need to do is email them to yourself or; if you have a cloud drive (OneDrive; Google Drive or iCloud); just save them there and you can access them from your computer. Then; as someone else mentioned; you just start a post or comment on this one and when you're ready; click on the button that says "Attach Files" and select which pictures you want to post; and that's it. They will appear in you're comment when you post it. Hope that helps; my dude.
Looking forward to seeing the results.
Thanks.
Kyle.

One other clean way to cut solid foam is to use an electric carving knife like our dads used to use years ago to cut the turkey at Thanksgiving! It does a great job and edges are clean. Just be careful. Go slow because it cuts...well, like a hot knife through butter, very fast.

Reactions: MA2 317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S