DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey from Creston, BC.

MoToad

Reactions
This is my third Mavic and definitely the one I love best. Smart controller is a big part of that as using my phone or even a tablet was always a visual challenge in any sunlight. Not so with the smart controller. joined this forum for answers to one big annoyance for me. Hope I can find them. Annoyance being with me living in the mountains I cant get even 1/3 of the way up a mountain with the 500 meter limitation. There are no restrictions where I fly and I find this totally unfair for a drone that I own and just spent $1500 on. Already tried Dronehacks but they couldn't help me with the firmware I have. Open to suggestions.

Hello from the Crossroads of America MoToad.

It's not practical but it may work.

Go up so far, land, launch, and the HP will be reset so you can climb higher to the next reset spot.

Problem with that is, the HP will be the last spot on the mountain unless you reset manually back to you.

Just sharing a silly idea.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Kamloops welcomes another BC'er to the forum. You're flying in a beautiful area. Resetting the Home Position is easily done as @MA2 317 suggests. The HP can be changed from automatically being the drone's new take off point to your Flight Controller's location or anywhere on the screen. Let us know if you try it. Fly safe and enjoy.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
I'm not able to help you with any hacks, but best of luck

Thx to all.
Don't think that will work for me. No real roads up the side of the mountain I was referring to and if it was lost it would stay lost.

Attachments

• 20220924_111127.jpg
    20220924_111127.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum! :)

I cant get even 1/3 of the way up a mountain with the 500 meter limitation.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Good Luck with overcoming that 500 meter limit…

Happy Droning…

Last edited:
Welcome from Texas, way south.
There are some running threads about a different problem now up in BC.
Bird attacks. Several pilots trying to determine what specie the bird(s) is.
Do you have experience with birds chasing or swooping you there?
Please look up Forum keyword [birds, BC, eagle, falcon, hawk, chase] etc. Your insight would be helpful for us all.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_