DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey guys I'd like to start with a thank you very much for the join!! It's definitely brought my understanding of piloting to the next level ...

M@V

Reactions
I've been an avid drone pilot for about 2 years now and it's only getting better with the Mac mini!! I have a couple parrots , a phantom 3 two edu tellos a few others amongst them are jjrc, hibsan, syma. And three midsize helicopters but the point of my message is I have been nearly researching as to if lychee is compatible with the mavic yet I'm pretty much out the door to buy whatever tablet I need to do so but therein lies the to hang up. I have Googled I have searched on your guys's sites DJI... so forth and so on is there anybody that can give me a yes or no and if it is a yes can you tell me the tablet to go and get thank you very much for your time and effort I hope hope to
hear good things and I hope I haven't been a pain

Reactions: Rattydude77
Litchi-to-DJI Compatibility: “Litchi is compatible with: Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark. Waypoint/Orbit mode support for the DJI Spark drone model is experimental.“ [Help - Litchi]

You mention the “Mac mini” above. Are you referring to the iPad Mini or the Mavic Mini? If iPad Mini, I agree with you as I use an iPad Mini 4 running DJI Go 4 to fly my M2P. I’m not running Litchi, but have similar Dronelink running on my iPad Mini 4. To fly my Mavic Mini, I use my iPhone 8 Plus. If I had to purchase a new tablet today, I’d shop for an iPad Mini 5, just to have a newer device.

Device Compatibility List, based on polled results: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
Litchi-to-DJI Compatibility: “Litchi is compatible with: Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark. Waypoint/Orbit mode support for the DJI Spark drone model is experimental.“ [Help - Litchi]

You mention the “Mac mini” above. Are you referring to the iPad Mini or the Mavic Mini? If iPad Mini, I agree with you as I use an iPad Mini 4 running DJI Go 4 to fly my M2P. I’m not running Litchi, but have similar Dronelink running on my iPad Mini 4. To fly my Mavic Mini, I use my iPhone 8 Plus. If I had to purchase a new tablet today, I’d shop for an iPad Mini 5, just to have a newer device.

Device Compatibility List, based on polled results: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Welcome to the forum!
My apologies I meant "Mav" mini...
I'm confused as it if the mavic mini IS ACTUALLY COMPATIBLE with Litchi. I understand it's not on the list but that also brings questions such as how often is that list updated has anybody even trying what devices are using excetera excetera excetera ...Ive heard and read of stories both ways, and am willing to spend the cash, just to try it out, if I can get one guy to say he made to connection from APP to machine. Many times I'll start reading a thread which seems promising but then there's no confirmation either way for that matter.
If need be, ill purchase the identical tablet.

My apologies I meant "Mav" mini...
I'm confused as it if the mavic mini IS ACTUALLY COMPATIBLE with Litchi.

Thanks for the clarification. The Mavic Mini is not compatible with Litchi today, because DJI has not released a software development kit for the Mini yet. The SDK would allow Litchi programmers to program their app to control functions and perhaps read sensors on the Mini, just like the SDKs released for the other Mavic models.

The compatibility list above is updated by Litchi themselves, so I’m guessing they’ll want to tell the world quickly, every time they’ve spent thousands of coding hours to add another model of drone.

The mobile device list is a compilation of forum members’ empirical usage of the specific mobile device to a particular DJI flying app. Your experience may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi