DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Leicester UK

m17tty

Reactions
Hey, I’m Matt from just outside Leicester in the uk. Just got hold of a mavic mini and have a few questions.......I’ll add those to the proper forum in a while! I do have one question if I may though....

Do I need to have both a flyer ID and an operator ID for the drone? If not, is it still wise to have both? This will be sorted before the drone comes out the box.

many thanks

Matt

edit. Now have my flyer and operator ID all sorted and paid up.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-26 Registration requirements Flying drones and model aircraft UK Civil Avia...png
    Screenshot_2021-01-26 Registration requirements Flying drones and model aircraft UK Civil Avia...png
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland m17tty .

Nice to meet you Matt. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

True, I'd never actually noticed that before. I was more concerned about the one you have to pay for lol, but that said, why would anyone not get the free Flyer ID in the process. Anyway you are "All sorted now" so all to the good.
It’s a bit of a mind bender when you’re new to the drone scene and aren’t sure what you need to do. Typical of a gov website that tells you 2 different things. Try taking that to court as proof and you’ll end up doing a stretch as they wouldn’t give a toss! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hi m17tty Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian_B