DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from North Yorkshire

Shaun

Reactions
New Mavic owner here, moving up from a P3P. I'm very much hoping I'll do loads more filming than I did with my P3P due to the small size of the Mavic.

Any other North Yorkshire fliers here? I'd love some ideas on where is good to fly.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

I'm currently typing from HG3, where I work.

I live in LS19, near the airport, you know, the perfect place for a drone.

I've been out to Kirkstall Abbey, The Cow and Calf a couple of times and Eccup reservoir but the best place I've found for practice was Baildon Moor.

I'm arranged to meet a local/fellow forum member this weekend, providing we have good weather.

Welcome to the forum looking forward to doing some flying this weekend with willhay555 hopefully the weather will be good

Reactions: willhay555
I'm currently typing from HG3, where I work.

I live in LS19, near the airport, you know, the perfect place for a drone.

I've been out to Kirkstall Abbey, The Cow and Calf a couple of times and Eccup reservoir but the best place I've found for practice was Baildon Moor.

I'm arranged to meet a local/fellow forum member this weekend, providing we have good weather.

I'm in Scarborough, there's a few good places here, mainly the beaches along the coast. You'll have to have a trip to the seaside so we can swap tips and you both can do some coastal flights!

I've flown loads with my p3p, but not been out with the Mavic yet.

I would also be interested in meeting up for a fly and swap some tips on flying

Hi Shaun, I've seen your P3P videos, it will be interesting to see how you get on with Mavic.
I found it takes a while to get the best from it and then you tend to get over-critical.
Looking back at my own P3 videos after having Mavic since late November I've started noticing the shortcomings of P3!
I think when all is good the Mavic can be superior and it definitely seems easier to execute manual manoeuvres smoothly and accurately as the controller is a delight to use.
On the other hand you will sometimes get some pretty dire results and not always clear why.
Range and video feed are in another league and P3P was not bad.

Hi Shaun, I've seen your P3P videos, it will be interesting to see how you get on with Mavic.
I found it takes a while to get the best from it and then you tend to get over-critical.
Looking back at my own P3 videos after having Mavic since late November I've started noticing the shortcomings of P3!
I think when all is good the Mavic can be superior and it definitely seems easier to execute manual manoeuvres smoothly and accurately as the controller is a delight to use.
On the other hand you will sometimes get some pretty dire results and not always clear why.
Range and video feed are in another league and P3P was not bad.

I'm really looking forward to flying it. I'll probably spend a while getting used to it before i start making some videos. Where can I find yours?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78