DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Northeast Ohio

shutterguy

Reactions
Hello all, new Mavic Pro 2 owner as of a week ago, a few friends encouraged me to get a drone, and I am hooked. I come from a photography background, have been using Canon DSLR's for almost 20yrs now, so the Mav goes right in my camera bag. Looking forward to reading, learning, and sharing on the forum.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hello all, new Mavic Pro 2 owner as of a week ago, a few friends encouraged me to get a drone, and I am hooked. I come from a photography background, have been using Canon DSLR's for almost 20yrs now, so the Mav goes right in my camera bag. Looking forward to reading, learning, and sharing on the forum.

Howdy, Shutterguy! I'm also in North East Ohio, but south of you--Hartville area. I'm new as well--this is my first post. I have 10 hours flying a Mavic Mini, and am now a few flights in on my new Mavic Air 2. (Plus I've spent many frustrating hours fighting to fly no-name drones that were a struggle to launch, struggle to keep airborne, and stuggle to land. Perhaps these wretched drones provided a useful learning experience? ). (And I'm a hang-three-rated hang glider pilot--something I find seems to provide useful transfer to drone flying.) Like you, I come from a photography background (though Nikon in my case) and especially love landscape work. For years, a conviction has been growing in me that to get dramatically better landscape images, I need to get my camera well above ground level--hence the appeal of drones.

But once I started flying drones, it became apparent that drones offer much more capability than simply improving still landscape photography. I suspect that you too, Shutterguy, like me, find yourself eager to embrace as much as possible of all that drone photography and filming can bring us.

So cheers, Shutterguy, and welcome.

--Jubjub Bird

Last edited:
Howdy, Shutterguy! I'm also in North East Ohio, but south of you--Hartville area. I'm new as well--this is my first post. I have 10 hours flying a Mavic Mini, and am now a few flights in on my new Mavic Air 2. (Plus I've spent many frustrating hours fighting to fly no-name drones that were a struggle to launch, struggle to keep airborne, and stuggle to land. Perhaps these wretched drones provided a useful learning experience? ). (And I'm a hang-three-rated hang glider pilot--something I find seems to provide useful transfer to drone flying.) Like you, I come from a photography background (though Nikon in my case) and especially love landscape work. For years, a conviction has been growing in me that to get dramatically better landscape images, I need to get my camera well above ground level--hence the appeal of drones.

But once I started flying drones, it became apparent that drones offer much more capability than simply improving still landscape photography. I suspect that you too, Shutterguy, like me, find yourself eager to embrace as much as possible of all that drone photography and filming can bring us.

So cheers, Shutterguy, and welcome.

--Jubjub Bird

HI Jubjub, great to see some people from my area on here. Oh I definitely can relate to the inexpensive no-name drones when I got interested in this some time ago. I bought one from the hobby store, it was $30 and flew for 5min, I can tell you I spent 4 of those trying to keep it in the air and launch. I have a few motorcycles and ride with a group, well we decided to do a photoshoot one day, naturally I brought my camera and lenses. One friend brought his Phantom 4, had me in sheer amazement at it's ability to hover so steady and everything else it did. That was it, sold my $30 drone to a co-worker. Most definitely like you said, I had to get some images in the air, it was a need. Whole new world up there with a camera plus video too, it was wrap!!! I have 2 friends with Mavic 2 Pro's, one sent me a sample vid from Costa Rica, the other brought his drone out while we were doing night city scape photography, that did it!!!I was down for the count, waived the white flag, and shopping the next day.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998