DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Ontario

Seakayaker

Reactions
Just a newbie hoping to learn how to optimize stuff for both aerial photography and video - and fun RC flying. Very impressed so far with how it flies - having troubles keeping things in focus and exposed etc though compared to DSLR photography. Hints appreciated on focus settings especially....

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

Just a newbie hoping to learn how to optimize stuff for both aerial photography and video - and fun RC flying. Very impressed so far with how it flies - having troubles keeping things in focus and exposed etc though compared to DSLR photography. Hints appreciated on focus settings especially....
Howdy from Wyoming @Seakayaker , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy
0rojyyg-png.48130

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. Feel free to join in the discussions and ask anything about Mavics that comes to mind. We are here to help and learn.

Best regards,

Rob

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers
Thank you very much. It looks like I have found the right place to learn!

Cheers

Gord

Welcome! Which Mavic are you flying?

... having troubles keeping things in focus and exposed etc though compared to DSLR photography. Hints appreciated on focus settings especially....
To focus the MPP you either tap the screen, program the C1 or C2 button to auto-focus, or set the focus manually. You can turn on the useful but distracting Peak Focus Threshold feature that will outline in focus items in red. Auto-focusing is more challenging in low-light conditions. In this case I normally zoom in, set the focus manually, and zoom back out.

For exposure you can also program a C1 or C2 button to adjust exposure for the center of the picture. You can turn on the Over Exposure Warning that will give you zebra stripes to indicate over exposure. I recommend you turn on the histogram to determine proper exposure since your view screen may be challenged with different lighting.

You need a set of ND filters to get smooth video.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

To focus the MPP you either tap the screen, program the C1 or C2 button to auto-focus, or set the focus manually. You can turn on the useful but distracting Peak Focus Threshold feature that will outline in focus items in red. Auto-focusing is more challenging in low-light conditions. In this case I normally zoom in, set the focus manually, and zoom back out.

For exposure you can also program a C1 or C2 button to adjust exposure for the center of the picture. You can turn on the Over Exposure Warning that will give you zebra stripes to indicate over exposure. I recommend you turn on the histogram to determine proper exposure since your view screen may be challenged with different lighting.

You need a set of ND filters to get smooth video.
Thanks very much Mossiback. I found the peak threshold feature very useful and used C1 for center focus mainly on my last shoot with good results. I will try out your exposure suggestions today. Everything still seems a little hot. Much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Gord

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun