DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Southern Illinois

Johnthemann

Reactions
Former R/C heli pilot and professional photographer. Sold all my heli equipment a few years ago and moved on to other hobbies (mainly twin babies when I turned 49) 52 now and babies albeit demanding are allowing me a bit more free time. Was looking at some video footage taken from a Mav 2 pro last week..did some research and saw the "Hasselblad" stamped on the front of the camera and was sold. Move forward one week I now have in my possession a Pro2, flymore bundle, polapro cine kit, a new ipad 9.2 and mav mount and am about 1/2 way thru the drone academy course for 107 cert. I retire in April and really look forward to getting out and making some beautiful images and video. I have flown about 10 batteries so far and Im just amazed. I keep trying to fly it like my helis but in all honesty it's hardly similar. Still getting over the fear factor of the small size at altitude, just need to trust the equipment. I will get there I think. This is a great community and I really enjoy reading all the posts.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Former R/C heli pilot and professional photographer. Sold all my heli equipment a few years ago and moved on to other hobbies (mainly twin babies when I turned 49) 52 now and babies albeit demanding are allowing me a bit more free time. Was looking at some video footage taken from a Mav 2 pro last week..did some research and saw the "Hasselblad" stamped on the front of the camera and was sold. Move forward one week I now have in my possession a Pro2, flymore bundle, polapro cine kit, a new ipad 9.2 and mav mount and am about 1/2 way thru the drone academy course for 107 cert. I retire in April and really look forward to getting out and making some beautiful images and video. I have flown about 10 batteries so far and Im just amazed. I keep trying to fly it like my helis but in all honesty it's hardly similar. Still getting over the fear factor of the small size at altitude, just need to trust the equipment. I will get there I think. This is a great community and I really enjoy reading all the posts.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Howdy from Wyoming @Johnthemann , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Now that you’re here, you might be interested in joining the Fall Foliage Photo Contest. Entry is free, and you could win one of many nice prizes. Here is the link:
Fall Foliage Photo Contest. Prizes for top 6 entries.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan