DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HIDDEN (or not so obvious) features on the M2 that you can share that every M2 owner should know

Here is one that was hidden and very useful. I set my C1 button to "waypoint at aircraft" then in Waypoint Mode you can fly manually to a position and when you hit the C1 button it places the waypoint there. Very handy when you are trying set a path between objects and GPS isn't accurate enough.
Interesting. That's one that isn't common knowledge.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I’m pretty sure this works on the M2. If you hold down the right custom button and turn the right dial you can adjust the horizon level of the camera.
This does not appear to work on my M2P. What is your right custom button set on for this work? Have you tried it on your M2? Could you try it to confirm this works? I would love to get that feature working if possible. Thanks.

This does not appear to work on my M2P. What is your right custom button set on for this work? Have you tried it on your M2? Could you try it to confirm this works? I would love to get that feature working if possible. Thanks.
I don’t have an M2. On the Mavic Pro it doesn’t matter what the right custom button is set to. You have to hold down the button (the one you use your right hand to press) the whole time while moving the wheel.

It may only work in DJI Go 4.

I don’t have an M2. On the Mavic Pro it doesn’t matter what the right custom button is set to. You have to hold down the button (the one you use your right hand to press) the whole time while moving the wheel.

Ummm, The M2 uses DJI Go 4???? Which is what this thread is listed, are you giving info in the wrong thread perhaps, or you were just guessing on your tip from a MP1?

Ummm, The M2 uses DJI Go 4????
It can also use Litchi or tons of other apps.
Which is what this thread is listed, are you giving info in the wrong thread perhaps, or you were just guessing on your tip from a MP1?
I made it pretty clear it was a guess. But I’ve brought this up before and never had anybody tell me it doesn’t work on the M2.

I just did some more research and this appears to be an iOS only feature.

It can also use Litchi or tons of other apps.

I made it pretty clear it was a guess. But I’ve brought this up before and never had anybody tell me it doesn’t work on the M2.

I just did some more research and this appears to be an iOS only feature.

It wouldn't be dependent on the mobile device operating system if it were an RC function. It doesn't work on the M2P. You have to adjust the gimbal via the gimbal settings in DJI GO 4.

It wouldn't be dependent on the mobile device operating system if it were an RC function
Those custom buttons are really just hot keys for mobile app, disconnect the device and they do nothing so it’s very possible that it is really an app function not an RC function.
It doesn't work on the M2P. You have to adjust the gimbal via the gimbal settings in DJI GO 4.
Go to know. Thanks. I’ll add it to the growing list of useful things in earlier DJI models they inexplicably removed in later models. Annoying.

*While not necessarily hidden, the USB port in the inside middle of the controller will allow you to plug a regular phone cable into the controller should you have a failure with the unusual micro port on the side of the controller. It is also convenient if you want to have a longer cable for mounting a phone or tablet away from the controller or even hooking up FPV/VR goggles. You just have to remember to unplug the side cable so the standard USB cable is the only one attached.
Along with that you can attach an external phone battery to your setup and charge the controller as you fly by plugging it into the micro USB port.I leave a wire plugged into it always as I don't want to risk damaging the port.

Along with that you can attach an external phone battery to your setup and charge the controller as you fly by plugging it into the micro USB port.I leave a wire plugged into it always as I don't want to risk damaging the port.
Interesting. Sometimes I fly with an extension cable in the USB port (for vr headset) but if I forget to unplug the cable on the side of the controller it won't connect to the drone. So you're saying that you can use the normal setup and use the USB port to charge the controller?????

I tried it on a MPP using the DJI Go 4 app and it still did not work. I wonder why it is not responding? Maybe the original MP does it but the later MPP does not.

Really... never use an IOS device to fly and my CS performs flawlessly. What am I missing?
Adjusting the horizon with the magic key combination.

I have a CS too and you are the only person I’ve ever heard give the CS accolades on its performance. While the brightness is great and hard to give up it has terrible performance. It’s the absolute bare minimum to prevent me from throwing it out. Any iOS device from the last decade will run better.

Adjusting the horizon with the magic key combination.

I have a CS too and you are the only person I’ve ever heard give the CS accolades on its performance. While the brightness is great and hard to give up it has terrible performance. It’s the absolute bare minimum to prevent me from throwing it out. Any iOS device from the last decade will run better.
I love mine... especially screen size on a dedicated and mature device... not perfect, but neither is the SC or my iPhone 12S... send it to me before you throw it out.

Reactions: Barbara
I love mine... especially screen size on a dedicated and mature device... not perfect, but neither is the SC or my iPhone 12S... send it to me before you throw it out.
Screen size and brightness forsure. The only reason it earns it’s keep around here.

If I do a mapping mission or waypoints I’ll hook it up to my secondary controller and use as a monitor while I run the mission using my iPhone.

It would have been nice if there was an HDMI in so you could use it as a dumb screen for other purposes.

I’ll let you know before throwing it out ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore