DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Interference Message with 100% signal?!

pnovotny

Reactions
Hi,

I was flying in an urban area today and received several "Remote controller in high interference environment" aka Code: 80014 (safely returned & landed).

Upon review on Air Data UAV app, 'signal map' is all green and 'signal score' is 100%.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

Thanks

That the message refers to the signal on the controller side and airdata on the aircraft side.

That the message refers to the signal on the controller side and airdata on the aircraft side.
Thank you for the response but how does this make sense?

If the controller was experiencing 'high interference' shouldn't the aircraft have experienced an imperfect connection?

Think of it this way: the controller is in a crowd of people all talking at once. The drone is out in the middle of a field.

Don't confuse "interference" with signal levels. It's more complex than this, but think of it as the drone was still hearing the controller, but the controller was having trouble hearing the drone because of all the noise around it.

Thank you for the response but how does this make sense?

If the controller was experiencing 'high interference' shouldn't the aircraft have experienced an imperfect connection?
Hi,

I was flying in an urban area today and received several "Remote controller in high interference environment" aka Code: 80014 (safely returned & landed).

Upon review on Air Data UAV app, 'signal map' is all green and 'signal score' is 100%.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

Thanks
Signals from drone and controller can be strong but obstacles as in urban environment may block the signal.

They transmit and receive simultaneously on different frequencies. So you can have interference on one and not the other. The receive frequency on the controller is the transmit frequency on the aircraft, and vise-versa.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d