DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Highest you have flown a MA2? What’s the highest altitude you can take off from?

volition

Reactions
Hey guys,

what’s the highest altitude you have flown. I’m talking about launching from and keeping witin your 120m max. Like from a high altitude area.

I’ve tried to find the max altitude for the MA2 but cannot find one. Be interested to hear from you guys from experience. Or maybe someone knows the limit.

I’ve tried to find the max altitude for the MA2 but cannot find one.
Straight from the specs for the Air 2 ...
Max Service Ceiling: 5000m Above Sea Level
That would suggest you could launch from 4500m and still be able to go up 500m more.
And possibly even higher than that if you tried.

Straight from the specs for the Air 2 ...
Max Service Ceiling: 5000m Above Sea Level
That would suggest you could launch from 4500m and still be able to go up 500m more.
And possibly even higher than that if you tried.
Now I can find it in the manual. Lol.
Thanks mate.

anyone flown it higher than that?

Now I can find it in the manual. Lol.
Thanks mate.

anyone flown it higher than that?
Back in September I flew my Mavic Mini up to 13,400’ . I launched it in multiple areas between 12,000 and 13,000. I was standing at around 13,000 at the highest point and the remote transmission was great. I didn’t have any issues at all other than a high altitude warning. The battery didn’t last long though. Maybe 15min? I imagine the air2 could do that and more? I just got an air2 and won’t be flying it that high again until September.

Reactions: volition
Back in September I flew my Mavic Mini up to 13,400’ . I launched it in multiple areas between 12,000 and 13,000. I was standing at around 13,000 at the highest point and the remote transmission was great. I didn’t have any issues at all other than a high altitude warning. The battery didn’t last long though. Maybe 15min? I imagine the air2 could do that and more? I just got an air2 and won’t be flying it that high again until September.
Around minute 4:40ish is just before I hit 13400’ elevation on the mini.

I flew in Dillon Colorado, ev 9111 ft. The Fly app warned me that this was a high elevation, but drone behaved fine.

Brilliant! Thanks for the Great comments

I wondered this question whilst watching a documentary on Sherpa’s on Mt. Everest actually. I wondered about whether you could get Ma2 drone footage up there. Might have to book a ticket to a 5000m mountain range.

Brilliant! Thanks for the Great comments

I wondered this question whilst watching a documentary on Sherpa’s on Mt. Everest actually. I wondered about whether you could get Ma2 drone footage up there. Might have to book a ticket to a 5000m mountain range.

National Geographic recently flew a Mavic 2 at 28,000 feet.

Hey guys,

what’s the highest altitude you have flown. I’m talking about launching from and keeping witin your 120m max. Like from a high altitude area.

I’ve tried to find the max altitude for the MA2 but cannot find one. Be interested to hear from you guys from experience. Or maybe someone knows the limit.
Have fun exploring, the thin air seems to effect lift but the fine motors seem to compensate. The batteries just don't seem to last as long I fly 3 days a week at 10,000 and 11,000 ft so far. Over 50 flights no warnings no issues. Have fun be safe

That’s awesome! Thanks for the link. Having a quick search the Mavic 2 has the same rated Max ceiling. Ok Maybe the Himalayas would be fun. Put it on the bucket list + launch a drone from the top of Everest lol.

I have multiple flights between 12,000 and 13,000 feet. I was going to take off from 13,500 feet, but the wind was stronger than I was comfortable flying in. This is an unedited video with at take off altitude of around 12,000 feet. The drone then fallows my Jeep Gladiator and buddy's Wrangler down the mountain.

Reactions: Bryan L
I have multiple flights between 12,000 and 13,000 feet. I was going to take off from 13,500 feet, but the wind was stronger than I was comfortable flying in. This is an unedited video with at take off altitude of around 12,000 feet. The drone then fallows my Jeep Gladiator and buddy's Wrangler down the mountain.
This is great stuff. I especially like the hairpin turn to the right before starting down because it pulled the camera view around to give a 'reveal' of that vast expanse of mountains -- gotta admit, that one had me rooting for it before it happened and when it did, yeah!! I will shamelessly 'steal' that technique and be looking for good places to make it work. Very, very nice footage! (gonna go watch it again)

This is great stuff. I especially like the hairpin turn to the right before starting down because it pulled the camera view around to give a 'reveal' of that vast expanse of mountains -- gotta admit, that one had me rooting for it before it happened and when it did, yeah!! I will shamelessly 'steal' that technique and be looking for good places to make it work. Very, very nice footage! (gonna go watch it again)
Thank you. The Follow Me function worked pretty well coming down that mountain. I had passengers with me that had never been on a trail like that and had never seen a drone in action. They were all excited watching my tablet live as they could tell the big real was going to happen as well... even though they could watch it with their own eyes out the widows! lol

Here is the other half of that video if you are interested in watching it. Again, it is unedited so there are some parts where I'm just positioning the drone and such.

Thanks for posting the second half. Yes, lots of very nice footage to choose from. Were you using an ND filter? Nice color! We usually do at high noon - seems to help.

Where is this located? Looks familiar but then, a lot of those high-up places do!

Thanks for posting the second half. Yes, lots of very nice footage to choose from. Were you using an ND filter? Nice color! We usually do at high noon - seems to help.

Where is this located? Looks familiar but then, a lot of those high-up places do!
I pretty much always keep on of my PolarPro ND/PL filters on at all times. I do the same on my DSLR camera lenses as well.

These were shot coming down the Mount Antero trail a little ways outside of Buena Vista CO. I'm going to play around with editing some of the videos and then I'll post them up in a new thread just to share them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803