DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Highlands of Iceland | Mavic 2 Pro

eaglewoodfilms

Reactions
Iceland is still a very special land featuring truly otherworldly landscapes and one can still find places that are not run over by hordes of tourists, given you have time, proper outdoor equipment, a good 4x4 and the spirit for adventure. This time we explored a small part of Icelandic Highlands and will return next year for whole 3 months to explore even deeper into the backcountry and will offer a chance to join on small (3-4 people) pop-up tours. Contact me for more details (look for contacts on my website www.eaglewoodfilms.com).

Everything apart from timelapses shot on the Mavic 2 Pro.

Subscribe: Youtube | Vimeo | Facebook | Instagram Photo | Instagram Video

Stunning! - and great editing!

Reactions: eaglewoodfilms
It got a bit boring after 30sec's.
Just lot's of brown, grey with a dab of green.
Or this is just me being a grumpy old git.
You would not like Iceland, since it's mostly brown, grey with a dab of green, lol. But there are people who like that kind of stuff. Oh, and did I mention very bad weather most of the time, not like we had. Also, it might have something to do with the fact that we skipped all the iconic locations that might be more epic, but we've already seen them a million times on social media, not mentioning the crowds we would encounter.

Reactions: Nigpd and SpinItUp
Now if you did this on a Motorcycle I would be more interested, but pussyfooting around in a nice warm modern 4×4 just screams dull to me (ha! adventure, yeah sure).
Sorry.
Good footage, don't get me wrong. Just not my thang thing.

Now if you did this on a Motorcycle I would be more interested, but pussyfooting around in a nice warm modern 4×4 just screams dull to me (ha! adventure, yeah sure).
Sorry.
Good footage, don't get me wrong. Just not my thang thing.
Ok, I have to agree - you are being a grumpy old git :) And there is nothing warm about stepping out of that 4x4, going hiking and sleeping in tents in pretty icy temperatures.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Yeah...you're just being a grumpy old git! :) Or you just can't pass up the challenge of someone saying " I'd be surprised if anyone seeing this would say otherwise "! We can test out that theory: I'd be surprised if you didn't decline to send me a million dollars.

The footage (to me) was really well shot and nicely produced. Good music choice. The time lapse stuff was really well done. Those 'lights' must be amazing to see. Honestly, I'm not sure where everybody was running to, but it made for some nice pans and fly-bys!

Reactions: SpinItUp
Yeah...you're just being a grumpy old git! :) Or you just can't pass up the challenge of someone saying " I'd be surprised if anyone seeing this would say otherwise "! We can test out that theory: I'd be surprised if you didn't decline to send me a million dollars.

The footage (to me) was really well shot and nicely produced. Good music choice. The time lapse stuff was really well done. Those 'lights' must be amazing to see. Honestly, I'm not sure where everybody was running to, but it made for some nice pans and fly-bys!
They were running away from @SpinItUp :D

And yes, the lights were amazing, no photo or timelapse can really convey the feeling one gets seeing them live.

I can't wait to go there. I've booked my flights and a 6-day tour for Feb 2019. I guess joining a tour group might limit my chances of flying, if they only take us on the touristy routes and places.

I can't wait to go there. I've booked my flights and a 6-day tour for Feb 2019. I guess joining a tour group might limit my chances of flying, if they only take us on the touristy routes and places.
Depends on the tour itinerary. If it's the usual touristy one then accept my condolences. That's why I'm building my tours more around the experience and letting it sink in (and photograph/film) rather than ticking checkboxes on those "must see" locations.

Yep, definitely a grumpy old git. Blimey bet your the life & sole at a party:D:D

Last edited:
Wow! Loved how you synced the music with the video. People walking on ridges and high places gives me some inspiration for my videos. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: eaglewoodfilms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS