DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Hokkaido, Northern Japan

That was very good. Love the color and the clarity of the water. The rock has an interesting shape.

Reactions: robforbes123
My latest effort. I hope someone likes it.
I was asked why I didn't fly through the rock. I was controlling from 500 metres away and my skill is still evolving.
Flying "thru" the rock would take a good amount of skill and nerve. Not to mention flying from a distance too. Younger folks who've played video games most of their life can probably do it with one eye closed, but an old fart like me with shaky hands and such - don't think so. Maybe getting a closer shot and seeing exactly how big the opening is - I may try it - but would want to be front and center of it and not depending on my video feed, should I lose signal at the wrong moment.

My latest effort. I hope someone likes it.
I was asked why I didn't fly through the rock. I was controlling from 500 metres away and my skill is still evolving.
Ya, I wouldn’t have tried to fly thru the hole either . That’s just ASKING for disaster.

Flying "thru" the rock would take a good amount of skill and nerve. Not to mention flying from a distance too. Younger folks who've played video games most of their life can probably do it with one eye closed, but an old fart like me with shaky hands and such - don't think so. Maybe getting a closer shot and seeing exactly how big the opening is - I may try it - but would want to be front and center of it and not depending on my video feed, should I lose signal at the wrong moment.
Indeed, without knowing size of opening, being closer etc. a risky chance going 'through'. You'd probably have the obstacle-avoidance sensors (if not disabled) throwing a hissy-fit (and slap into a wall :-( plus (I'm assuming) the suddenly-enclosed area would create all sorts of scary down-draft/side-draft issues ? Enjoy it for what it is - great turquoise :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure