DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hold a Mavic Demo for your company or police dept

PavicMilot

Reactions
Over the summer I held two demonstrations (each lasting ~15-20 minutes) showing off the Mavic and showing how remarkably stable it is. I had over 70 people attend at the company I work for in NH, and everyone was amazed. I figure, it's like lowering the "Fear Factor" about drones in general.

Like, before the scheduled demo, I had a few folks tell me stuff like "You sure it's safe, I mean what if one of the propellers cuts someone??", etc. etc.

AFTER the demo, where I demonstrated stable flight, autonomous flight, and collision avoidance, everyone was like, Wow! that thing looks pretty safe to be around. I even let a few folks take the controls for a bit. I'm telling you, they all walked away with a new appreciation for drones and what they can do.

SO, I would like to recommend some of you might want to do a similar demo at your company, or in your community? I've asked our local Police Chief if he'd like a similar demo (several officers have NOT had up close & personal experience with drones ... yet), and he said YES.

THanks for reading, fly on.

Over the summer I held two demonstrations (each lasting ~15-20 minutes) showing off the Mavic and showing how remarkably stable it is. I had over 70 people attend at the company I work for in NH, and everyone was amazed. I figure, it's like lowering the "Fear Factor" about drones in general.

Like, before the scheduled demo, I had a few folks tell me stuff like "You sure it's safe, I mean what if one of the propellers cuts someone??", etc. etc.

AFTER the demo, where I demonstrated stable flight, autonomous flight, and collision avoidance, everyone was like, Wow! that thing looks pretty safe to be around. I even let a few folks take the controls for a bit. I'm telling you, they all walked away with a new appreciation for drones and what they can do.

SO, I would like to recommend some of you might want to do a similar demo at your company, or in your community? I've asked our local Police Chief if he'd like a similar demo (several officers have NOT had up close & personal experience with drones ... yet), and he said YES.

Smart

Smart man.

Keep up the good vibes for us all.

Great post and thanks for sharing. Over the years we've worked on many different UAV system integrations for public safety and law enforcement and we have almost always found things to be very similar to your findings. Breaks the ice of concerns for drones and allows folks to really see the power and opportunities with the technology.

Safe flying! :cool:

A nearby fire department was all set to purchase a $40k drone. The company came out to do a demo. All the top officials were there, the mayor, the fire chiefs, etc. the aircraft was several hundred feet up when a major malfunction killed all power and it fell from the sky with a sickening thud.

Needless to say, they decided not to purchase.

Reactions: Advexure
Good value.

Did you use a mic or PA system at all?

Would be good to HDMI out of device to big screen to allow everyone to view what the Mavic views in real time.

I head up the uav program for a fire department. I use two different methods to out the footage on large screens. I built a 22" monitor into a Pellican case that can use either 12 or 110 volts. I use Apple TV for its simplicity and If we want the image on more screens I use YouTube live.

In my experience, as long as internet is stable, YouTube live is superior to mirroring a screen via Apple TV as the screen often freezes for a few seconds with Apple TV.

I head up the uav program for a fire department. I use two different methods to out the footage on large screens. I built a 22" monitor into a Pellican case that can use either 12 or 110 volts. I use Apple TV for its simplicity and If we want the image on more screens I use YouTube live.

In my experience, as long as internet is stable, YouTube live is superior to mirroring a screen via Apple TV as the screen often freezes for a few seconds with Apple TV.

Good tip - thanks, I have an Ipad but I never thought of YouTube Live...will have to try sometime. Also, I should point out that after the demos were over, I posted the video for all company members to view, and got a lot of positive response, especially of the one clip where I put it into Active Track and followed a volunteer with traced circles around her!

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54