DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point reset after app crash on Android?

albatross911

Reactions
I usually fly with my iPad mini but yesterday I forgot my cable and borrowed a friend's micro USB cable to fly with my Android phone, LG V10. The Go 4 app crashed a few times but can resume flight once the app is restarted. However after uploading the logs to Airdata and reviewing the flights today, I found that on each restart of the app the home point is set at where the Mavic was located at the time. As I was flying over water it means the home point is set in the ocean. As the flight logs are stored in the mobile device so I guess it can explain why the home point is reset as the app restart, but I wonder what is the home point recorded on the Mavic when this happens. The original home point or where it is when the app restart? I hope it's the former otherwise if I lose RC connection and the Mavic performs RTH it would land into the water.

Any idea from the experts here? Thanks in advance!

upload_2017-7-3_13-51-45.png
upload_2017-7-3_13-56-28.png

I usually fly with my iPad mini but yesterday I forgot my cable and borrowed a friend's micro USB cable to fly with my Android phone, LG V10. The Go 4 app crashed a few times but can resume flight once the app is restarted. However after uploading the logs to Airdata and reviewing the flights today, I found that on each restart of the app the home point is set at where the Mavic was located at the time. As I was flying over water it means the home point is set in the ocean. As the flight logs are stored in the mobile device so I guess it can explain why the home point is reset as the app restart, but I wonder what is the home point recorded on the Mavic when this happens. The original home point or where it is when the app restart? I hope it's the former otherwise if I lose RC connection and the Mavic performs RTH it would land into the water.

Any idea from the experts here? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 16375
View attachment 16376
The homepoint is stored in the Mavic itself.
I just can't believe an app crash and restart would set a new home point every time, I hope not.
The flight logs are also in the Mavic itself.

However after uploading the logs to Airdata and reviewing the flights today, I found that on each restart of the app the home point is set at where the Mavic was located at the time.
Airdata shows an "H" icon at the beginning of every flight log (even when the home point was not reset). If you upload your TXT flight logs here, you'll see the home point wasn't really reset if you look at the GPS coordinates in the CSV file.

Airdata shows an "H" icon at the beginning of every flight log (even when the home point was not reset). If you upload your TXT flight logs here, you'll see the home point wasn't really reset if you look at the GPS coordinates in the CSV file.
I see and that's a relief! Will try that later thank you all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji