DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Homemade landing pads.

Jalatta,

I have a mavic pro. It hits the pad every time, regardless of wind, within 3"-4", oriented north to south or however
I have it pointed on take off. I almost always use "return to home at 200' elevation in order to clear the trees
around the house. It will fly just past the point of take off at that altitude and you will see it adjust it's position
especially in windy conditions as it lowers but always stops midair to make this adjustment but every time, it
will land almost exactly where it took off and pointed almost exactly in the same direction that it took off in.
******It never leaves the ground until I have all gps signals.

My MA came with a landing pad, I haven't used it but I'm curious. Does this aid in landing, or perhaps I should ask, how often does a drone hit the pad?
Well, it appears that we've been members about the same length of time. I also made a landing pad from a black doormat by painting a bright red cross on it.
Yes, I believe something distinctive and easy to see assists in a precision landing. Couple of things I learned about the precision landing. First, of course, is make sure the drone goes into GPS mode and records the takeoff point BEFORE you take off. Second, take off and go straight up for 30 feet or so with no horizontal movement. This lets the drone take pictures of the landing site.

Then (and this is because I'm still new and don't yet totally trust the technology), I always have the drone in sight before I tell it to "Return Home". If it takes off in some other direction, I can quickly abort the RTH (it never has).

In answer to your question, mine usually lands within a foot of where it took off on the pad. I have seen it miss by 2 feet, and once, I had to abort the autolanding and take over because it was missing the pad.

In response to all the folks who love to catch it with their hand, that's cool. However, I enjoy watching this little dude (Mavic Pro) land itself automatically. This technology is unbelievable!

Reactions: Eagle Jr
If you can get your hand on some 18% neutral grey and/or pure white material, you could cover it with that. It could be used to meter and white balance off of.

Reactions: mfc
Hi,

Does anyone use a landing pad on a raised platform?

Nice job...very cool, thanks for sharing your project !!!

My friend...if you can land all 4's on that pad accurately in anything over 5 mph wind, you get my vote....<;^)

D

Vote for what? What if I do it twice? Sorry, the second time was caught up in the 5 minute rule. Pay attention to the leaves on the trees.

Does a case count?

Could do, pretty cool. I have seen a photo of the top of stand but it looks quite awkward to carry around with. Maybe if someone has a bad back it might useful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas