DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hood Shade

168mm works on my mini 5

Agreed, L168 is perfect for the iPad mini 5

I’ve tried a bunch of shades. This is the best I’ve found. Called Sun Hood. It folds up flat and super easy to put on in 3 seconds.
I also use the Sun Hood in conjunction with a Miss Chrissy adapter to accommodate the iPad Mini. The Miss Chrissy adapter tilts the iPad up at an angle that makes the setup work especially well at shading the screen from the sun. I have attached some pictures.DSC05978.JPGDSC05979.JPGDSC05980.JPG

I'm wanting to order a hood shade for my MA2 setup using a Ipad mini 5 but I'm not sure what size to get. All the ones that I am looking at are listed as L + 3 numbers. I think that I need a size L168 but I"m not positive.

Thanks in advance.
I've just 3d printed mine for my p30 pro

Last edited:
That’s great! Does it collapse? How does it attach?
It lays flat and quickly attaches with two elastic bands. Check out the video I posted on page one of this thread.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I'm wanting to order a hood shade for my MA2 setup using a Ipad mini 5 but I'm not sure what size to get. All the ones that I am looking at are listed as L + 3 numbers. I think that I need a size L168 but I"m not positive.

Thanks in advance.
Some shades cost a fortune and are no good. For my Mavic Mini I bought a phone/tablet holder for about £15 then made a home made shade from thick black card. Works a treat for less than £20 all in :)

Quite easy to make a hood from foam board. Only cost $1.
Very nice and considerably less expensive. I had already purchased a black foam core sheet and have not yet applied knife to it. Question: How are you securing the hood to the phone/tablet? Can't make that detail out from the photo.

Thanks in advance.
just get you a p[iece of cardboard and wrap it around the mini 5 and tape it to it that is what idid works great. very cheep.

Attachments

• 20200704_201113_05.jpg
    20200704_201113_05.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: wali
I was very happy with my PadHat from Hoodie Vision (iPad Mini 2 on Phantom 3P). I got the iPad exclusively for flying and had a cheap shell case I stuck on the velcro tabs directly for secure fit.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty