DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hoping to fly today

KB4MTO

Reactions
Yesterday I did the firmware updates on my Mavic Mini and it's batteries. I flew it around the inside of the house and I don't see any problems from the update. Today the weather is beautiful; the sky is perfectly blue, the temp is nice, and there is no wind. So I am charging the batteries and controller, and I am hoping the wind stays down so I can fly at lunch. I haven't been able to fly since the last flight, the maiden flight.

I will video the flights. I'm taking everyone's advice from my first flight and will see how it goes.

OK, I got to go flying. I got 1 good flight and brought the MM in because it was lunch time. After lunch, I was on my second flight and out of nowhere the wind really picked up. It went from less than 5 MPH to probably ~20 MPH. I was completely surprised at how stable the drone was in this wind. Looking at the video, you wouldn't know there was a bad wind. That was my last flight of the day because the wind never dropped after it started.

Based on suggestions from others on my first flight, I flew in Cinema Mode and took it easy on the yaw. Even with the wind, the flying today was smoother than last week. I am a new pilot, this video is only my 4th outside flight.

Last edited:
Great that you got to fly it. Im also a fan of flying in C mode and not only for the smooth video mode but because it allows us me to fly relaxed and dont worry about sudden movements or objects.

Great that you got to fly it. Im also a fan of flying in C mode and not only for the smooth video mode but because it allows us me to fly relaxed and dont worry about sudden movements or objects.

Today's flight was a lot smoother than last week's flights. I know I'm getting a little more comfortable with the sticks, but I attribute most of the smoother flying to C mode for sure. I was a lot more relaxed today flying in that mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147