DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon Tilt Problem....HELP PLEASE!

Balko

Reactions
Hi folks.

Hope someone could help me out by telling me what else I could do to solve that perennial problem about the Horizon Tilt.

I have already updated to the latest DJI GO4 app ver. 4.1.3....aircraft Firmware to 1.01.0900...calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal, and still I get this “Horizon Tilt”.

Would appreciate it very much if there’s anyone who could tell me other options to correct this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Here's the video link:

Its a very common issue not only with the Mavic but with most gimbals. The best thing is to make sure to start up on level ground. You can also use the settings in the GO4 app to manually correct or use the short cut of holding down the right rear button while turning the top right wheel on the controller in the direction you want to correct. Hope that helps.

Your horizon is going to tilt when panning at that speed. It's normal.
Slow down to a speed that doesn't tilt and you can speed up in post editing if you want.
The whole trick to good panning video is slow down.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
yup. I use A LOT of panning during video.. I found I needed to slow way down. If I'm flying a Litchi mission where the mavic is going to be panning, I'm at around 10mph.

Wish DJI can come up with an update that can correct this defect. It seems that the Mavic is really "slowww" in keeping up with the yaw/roll movement of the AC.
I went back to view the old videos taken from my P3 Advanced and I noticed that it did a lot better and a quicker correction response during these movements. Oh well... :(

Slow down to a speed that doesn't tilt and you can speed up in post editing if you want.

This wasn't the case with my P3 Advanced. It could go full speed ahead then gradually make a yaw w/out the annoying "Horizon Tilt" that happens with the Mavic Pro.

Here's a video link:

I really believe DJI should try to find ways to fix the defect on this wonderful Mavic.

My horizon these days has been perfect. I believe/noticed the tilt is caused whenever using course lock and it remains that way for a while after courselock is turned off. Then it somehow fixes itself. I think going into portrait mode a few times and back to landscape sorts it out

My horizon these days has been perfect. I believe/noticed the tilt is caused whenever using course lock and it remains that way for a while after courselock is turned off. Then it somehow fixes itself. I think going into portrait mode a few times and back to landscape sorts it out

Never really played around much with the flight modes except for the POI and Tripod modes.

Last edited:
Have the same issue here.

It's very annoying I can say, and plus to add on to it my gimbal roll is set to 0.9 to make horizon straight :/

I want to turn it in bud I don't know if I'll get a bad replacement.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Have the same issue here.

It's very annoying I can say, and plus to add on to it my gimbal roll is set to 0.9 to make horizon straight :/

I want to turn it in bud I don't know if I'll get a bad replacement.

I just hope someone from DJI can explain why this is happening to many MP's, and if they are even trying to find ways to correct it.

I just hope someone from DJI can explain why this is happening to many MP's, and if they are even trying to find ways to correct it.
Are you going to send yours for a replacement or wait if there will be a fix?

Are you going to send yours for a replacement or wait if there will be a fix?

I once had the shell of my P3A replaced for stress cracks and it took around a month after all the exchanges of emails....between me and DJI China.
After DJI China found my warranty claim to be legit, I was given a Case# and then endorsed to the DJI in my region, then finally to the authorized repair center in my country.
Please don't get me wrong. DJI China acted on my problem right away, after of course some questions about what the problem was, where I purchased it from, a copy of my invoice/receipt and some pictures of my AC, etc.
Shipping to and from was also shouldered by DJI.

I don't think I'd like my Mavic to be away that long as of now so I will probably just wait. Anyway, I still have around 9months before warranty expires. I just hope that DJI will have a fix regarding this problem soon...or maybe, one of our members here at the forum can discover one.

Last edited:

I want to turn it in bud I don't know if I'll get a bad replacement.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal while on a very level surface?
I put it on the floor with a small level in the camera view and did a gimbal calibration. Then I lined up the grid lines and set the gimbal roll. That at least made it level horizon to begin with. I still have to pan slowly though.
I don't always take off on a level surface and I think that effects it also.
I also never move the MP or gimbal once it's ready to fly.

I don't know if this would make sense, could it be because of that new feature "Fixed Wing Mode" that's causing the Horizon Tilt?
In my case, it seems that the horizon tilts after a Yaw then "very slowly" corrects the horizon level.

Frustrating...especially after having tried quick Yaw and Pans with my P3A w/out any issues at all.

Hi folks.

Hope someone could help me out by telling me what else I could do to solve that perennial problem about the Horizon Tilt.

I have already updated to the latest DJI GO4 app ver. 4.1.3....aircraft Firmware to 1.01.0900...calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal, and still I get this “Horizon Tilt”.

Would appreciate it very much if there’s anyone who could tell me other options to correct this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Here's the video link:
Mine is doing the exact same thing it's since I did a firmware update that this started it's really annoying I've tried everything to fix it, I finally gave in and connected mine to assistant and refreshed the firmware last night going to test flight it today I've calibrated everything. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to roll back firmware till it's fixed. Autell got absolutely slated for there drones doing this why isn't dji sorting this.

My Mavic never did this before even when paning at speed yawing fast. You can see it tilting at massive angles.

My Mavic never did this before even when paning at speed yawing fast. You can see it tilting at massive angles.

I’ve always had horizon tilt with both my Mavic Pros. I update with every new release but no improvement. That’s why I learned to correct it in post, as I mention in my video post, above. Irritating, but I just decided to live with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony