DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

I received several official emails that mentioned it was illegal to fly drones in disaster areas, which Houston is currently.
I've tried to find out when it is safe to fly again, but have not found it yet.
Does anybody know?

any special permit needed to fly along buffalo bayou?

If you mean the park, then the FAA denotes that area as a Class B airspace. If you mean somewhere else along the 53-mile long river, then I guess the answer is, "it depends".

If you really want to know, download the app B4UFLY (B4UFLY Mobile App) and check on it "before you fly". If you have the latest DJI firmware versions, DJI will also let you know for sure when you try to start up your motors.

I live in the Cinco ranch area. I usually fly around the parks in the area or in the large bayou that runs across Cinco Blvd, 99 and Fry road.

I live near 99 and 90A so i'm not that far from Katy/Cinco. Let me know if you guys want to fly somewhere nearby. I usually fly along the Brazos River.

Hello all,

I am a new owner. I live in The Woodlands. I've been going to Bear Branch Sports Fields. Would love to learn about other places to fly.

Hi, I'm a new owner in The Woodlands. Anyone up to meeting and flying? Any suggestions of places to fly? I'm thinking of Lake Woodlands tomorrow.

Hello, I am looking for someone in the Houston area to give me a 1-2 hr lesson (new pilot) on my Mavic. I live in northeast Houston (New Caney area near intersection of HWY 242 and HWY 69/59). I hope that a well-experienced member can assist me as soon as possible.

Hello, I am looking for someone in the Houston area to give me a 1-2 hr lesson (new pilot) on my Mavic. I live in northeast Houston (New Caney area near intersection of HWY 242 and HWY 69/59). I hope that a well-experienced member can assist me as soon as possible.
I am up in Conroe and can help you.

Just checking in from 77406; got the Mavic Air 4 days ago. Can’t wait to get the ND filters, should be here next week. Did my first flight yesterday in between storms and it was great.

Last edited:
Reactions: lisadoc
I am up in Conroe and can help you.
I have been travelling/busy, but am available this weekend March 9-11 if you are able to help me out. Again , I live in Conroe/new Caney area. I would prefer assistance here on my large acreage property which is where I'm having issues, but can come to you if easier. Further, how do we arrange to meet?

I’m just outside of Conroe and can help as well.
Thanks, I have been travelling/busy, but am available this weekend March 9-11 if you are able to help me out. Again , I live in Conroe/new Caney area. I would prefer assistance here on my large acreage property which is where I'm having issues, but can come to you if easier. Further, how do we arrange to meet? I have posted to another person as well for help, so anyone who is able, thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31