DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

Thanks, I have been travelling/busy, but am available this weekend March 9-11 if you are able to help me out. Again , I live in Conroe/new Caney area. I would prefer assistance here on my large acreage property which is where I'm having issues, but can come to you if easier. Further, how do we arrange to meet? I have posted to another person as well for help, so anyone who is able, thank you.

I’m in Australia for the month, so for me it would have to wait until the end of March. Sorry.

Just found this thread - have been curious where everyone flies around Houston. Not many super post-worthy areas that I have found. Lake Woodlands is nice on the north side. Conroe & Huntsville if you really want to go north. Would like to make it down to the coast one day and find a good spot or two.

Just found this thread - have been curious where everyone flies around Houston. Not many super post-worthy areas that I have found. Lake Woodlands is nice on the north side. Conroe & Huntsville if you really want to go north. Would like to make it down to the coast one day and find a good spot or two.

Here's some of my video's from our area.
TexasLife
Most of these were filmed within about 2.5 hrs drive time from Conroe/Montgomery area.
Galveston has some good spots and I especially liked chasing some of the ships on the East end of the Island.

Reactions: Z06Aggie
I guess if I had not moved from Houston into a rural area of the state I would not be flying much. I went up in Oak Forest one day but was very cautious with so much WiFi around. I just went straight up for a view and back down. There were power transmission lines everywhere. I wonder if you could fly near the ship channel area. I can see where it might be a real challenge, even requiring a pretty good drive to get to a good spot.

I've got a job next week in the Baytown area. Thinking about trying to find a good place to shoot some pics of the Fred Hartman Bridge. Not sure exactly where I will setup, yet, but could get some cool shots of the bridge with ships coming in and out.

Although I did not have one, I'm 99% sure one would. It's busy airspace where and I stayed quite low.
Really miss flying. I wish I still had the time. And the drone. But they're not good to keep if you can't fly regularly. Sold it cheap:(

I'm in Sugar Land and fly with a group of awesome people at least once to twice a week.

What's the word on Sugar Land airport getting LAANC automated authorization?

Also, have you ever tried calling the tower to request authorization? Just curious if they allow a phone call heads up or if they require FAA waivers.

What's the word on Sugar Land airport getting LAANC automated authorization?

Also, have you ever tried calling the tower to request authorization? Just curious if they allow a phone call heads up or if they require FAA waivers.

Sugar Land Airport control tower is very cool. They are friendly and always thankful for notifying them. If you 're flying as hobbyist...then notifying them via phone call is all that's necessary.

Reactions: Z06Aggie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan