DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

Glad you guys got to meet up. I was going to try to fly today, but my wife wasn't feelings well which left me in charge of the little fella.

I spent the afternoon getting contact information for the 24 heliports in my area I need to notify for flying. There just has to be an easier way to stay within the regulations...

Reactions: treytexag
I hooked up with Mystyborn and Astroboy today for some Mavic flying at Hershey - 3 Mavics in our group and I believe we saw another Mavic fly by too . . . .

I'm a total noob and Mystyborn and Astroboy were so friendly and informative. Thank you both for getting me over that "first flight fear".

Wow, what a machine. My Fly More has been in the box since early last week and today was the first time I was able to spin it up. It performs so much better than I expected. I've watched quite a few youtube vids, but they didn't prepare me for just how cool this Mavic Pro is .. . . . . technology is just Wow.

Glad I made the purchase. Looking forward to flying it again soon.

Trey in Houston

PS: BTW, it was a little breezy today - the Mavic was just rock solid . . . .

You are very welcome! Glad you got your Mavic it the air!

Glad you guys got to meet up. I was going to try to fly today, but my wife wasn't feelings well which left me in charge of the little fella.

I spent the afternoon getting contact information for the 24 heliports in my area I need to notify for flying. There just has to be an easier way to stay within the regulations...
For me, the easier way is to get a UAV Pilot Certification. That way you don't have to notify anyone as long as you fly in Class G (uncontrolled) airspace. It's on my to-do list.

Let me know next time y'all meet up to fly in htown...probably won't be able to fly this wind with Super Bowl

Right now, forecast for this Saturday shows 50% chance of rain (The Weather Channel).

There's a meetup in Sienna that day: South Texas Drone User Group

Not the greatest location to fly, but you'll get to meet others with similar interests. And TFR for Houston is on Sunday (Super Bowl).

I finally got some video edited and up on YT. This is flying over some property we have in the country in Lee County. It was a beautiful day to fly....

Great video, love your country property! Been looking for some myself. So fun to get up high and see how a bird sees . . . .

Trey in Houston

Just a reminder guys, there is a TFR for the Houston area (I'm assuming because of the Superbowl next month).

7/7674 NOTAM Details

Remember it's important that we follow FAA rules and regulations.

Sent from my LG-H901 using MavicPilots mobile app

Will you even have the ability to hover a couple meters off the ground on Sunday. I understand legally no, but will the mavic even allow for takeoff if your only 30 miles from the game?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Very cool shot. I count 5 Mavics. I should have gone but had too much going on.

I will try to fly tomorrow in Cypress and see if the Mavic will allow it (close to the ground of course)

I will try to fly tomorrow in Cypress and see if the Mavic will allow it (close to the ground of course)

I think there were at least 6 Mavics today. There were many different types of drones and it was a great meeting everyone.

Reactions: astroboy
Will you even have the ability to hover a couple meters off the ground on Sunday. I understand legally no, but will the mavic even allow for takeoff if your only 30 miles from the game?

I'd have to read the TFR again, but I believe it was only in the vicinity of the stadium - not the greater Houston metro.

It's a 30 mile radius and I've seen the circle on a map. It includes all of Cypress. I saw an interview with Homeland security on the news and the they said the area is so large so that there's plenty of time to intercept and turn back manned aircraft before they can get near the stadium. Expect to hear lots of low flying jets in the sky today...

Well at least we have until 4PM though right? I think I'll just leave the Mavic in the bag for today though...

I counted 6 mavics, but there might have been a 7th that I didn't see when I was counting.

Here's a shot of the drone group photo from the other direction.
53d09fd29739240eecfb63317a91e71e.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada