DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I get my speed ramps to be this cool ?

'Hell' is a good word for a description of that video. Unwatchable. Impressive 'effects', but what's the point?
What’s the point of going to the cinema these days it’s all CGI
this is purely artistic with use of a great camera platform ??‍♂️

Reactions: mfc
What’s the point of going to the cinema these days it’s all CGI
this is purely artistic with use of a great camera platform ??‍♂️
Excactly ...last time I went to a cinema was for 'Avatar'. Great visuals .. but a plot that seemed to be aimed at (slow) teenagers.

I am not sure of the method you are using to make your videos, but maybe this guy's video (jump to the end to see his results to see if that is what you are looking for before you watch the whole thing just to find out it isn't what you want) might give you a tip or two?

Tell you what .. I came back here for a browse .. that video is awesome to watch and beautiful shot.. anyone thinks it is not is literally saying I'm a jealous person //.. get a grip .. the work put in there and time and music coordinated with it was very impressive but to say it isn't or it Unwatchable. Impressive 'effects', but what's the point?... little green eyed monster I think I see

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but this is a good tutorial on how to do Speed Rams in Resolve 16 including adding an 'S' curve to your key frames for a more gradual ease into you speed and a more gradual ease out of your speed so that the speed change is not so abrupt. It is quite easy in Resolve, actually a thing of beauty. See here:

Reactions: Thomas B
The producer of that clip is combining effects (burn in on the fringes, blurring) with the speed ramp. They're not just using a speed ramp in isolation; the effects add visual interest. I don't know anything about Da Vinci Resolve, but for Premiere Pro CC, you can get templates that provide these effects.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I purchased an FX "dissolve" package that I haven't tried in Premier CC yet. Probably has the same one as in the video.

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147