DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how can increase the maximum photos in sd card?

dimitrisK_pilot

Reactions
Hi everyone. I have the Mavic 2 pro drone and using it for photogrammetry project as Land Surveyor in Greece.
So my problem is how can I increase the written photos per folder on sd car (101_MEDIA-102_MEDIA, etc.). in every folder my drone can only write only 999 phots with the below subscription (dji_0001.jpg -->dji_0999.jpg) is there any option to increase the maximum photos in Media Folder.
i would like to increase until dji_2500.jpg per folder.

wow, thats a nice piece of land you are surveying.
I am pretty sure you are going to have to use renaming software post flight to get past the 999 limit.

I very much doubt it but the separation into different folders does not create a problem.
Basically on a windows computer you can rename the photos en-masse using something like Bulk Rename Utility Download - Bulk Rename Utility

Move or copy the folders to a windows computer and then rename the photos in each folder, you could either insert en-masse the appropriate 'thousands' number into the name of the photos or start you numbering scheme.
I will post a screen capture of this later, I am on a Linux OS at the moment.

You could probably do this directly on the card but I WOULD NOT suggest you do that. I recollect that non standard image names on the card can prevent the drone from linking with the controller at boot.

Hi everyone. I have the Mavic 2 pro drone and using it for photogrammetry project as Land Surveyor in Greece.
So my problem is how can I increase the written photos per folder on sd car (101_MEDIA-102_MEDIA, etc.). in every folder my drone can only write only 999 phots with the below subscription (dji_0001.jpg -->dji_0999.jpg) is there any option to increase the maximum photos in Media Folder.
i would like to increase until dji_2500.jpg per folder.
This is an area where DJI have simply ignored the requirements of photographers.
There is no reason that DJI changed their file numbering from 1-9999 to 1-999 way back in 2015 and have payed no attention to complaints of users.
It would be particularly useful for people doing mapping, but also for other users who generate lots of images.
All you can do is to manually rename the image files to be able to put >1000 images into a photogrammetry project.

In terms of protection from data loss, is there any benefit to dividing photos into smaller lots? I.e . can individual folders get screwed up, meaning that 'smaller' folder are perhaps 'safer'.

In terms of protection from data loss, is there any benefit to dividing photos into smaller lots? I.e . can individual folders get screwed up, meaning that 'smaller' folder are perhaps 'safer'.
This is an area where DJI have simply ignored the requirements of photographers.
There is no reason that DJI changed their file numbering from 1-9999 to 1-999 way back in 2015 and have payed no attention to complaints of users.
It would be particularly useful for people doing mapping, but also for other users who generate lots of images.
All you can do is to manually rename the image files to be able to put >1000 images into a photogrammetry project.
This is what I am doing right now. Currently I am working on a photogrammetry project with over of 8.000 images.
as you say it would be useful for people doing mapping if we had the chance of numbering photos 1-9999 without rename them.

No

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman