DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how close the M2Z can be to an object and will focus when optically zoomed in 2X?

chuck1026

Reactions
Like the subject, I have been asked to see how close the M2Z can be to an object and will focus when optically zoomed in 2X... Anyone know?

Alternative put a suitable target on a wall, hand hold the drone and measure the minimum distance.

You don't trust the specifications for that lens?

FOV: about 83° (24 mm); about 48° (48 mm)
35 mm Format Equivalent: 24-48 mm
Aperture: f/2.8 (24 mm)–f/3.8 (48 mm)
Shooting Range: 0.5 m to ∞
I saw the specs but was still confused. So zoomed in it can focus 3 feet away from an object of interest? My guess without testing is about 6.5 feet / 2 meters. Thoughts?

I saw the specs but was still confused. So zoomed in it can focus 3 feet away from an object of interest? My guess without testing is about 6.5 feet / 2 meters. Thoughts?
I have the M2P, not the zoom, so I can't test it. What do you mean by guess without testing?

Reactions: chuck1026
I have the M2P, not the zoom, so I can't test it. What do you mean by guess without testing?
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom but selling it and the question came up soooooo I guess I will test it out if it's not clear in the specs, which it isn't (typical DJI, haha)... I never fly super any drone close to objects other than the DJI FPV so I don't know either.

Reactions: sar104
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom but selling it and the question came up soooooo I guess I will test it out if it's not clear in the specs, which it isn't (typical DJI, haha)... I never fly super any drone close to objects other than the DJI FPV so I don't know either.
It’s says 0.5 meters in the specs… that’s like 1 foot 7 inches or so.

It’s says 0.5 meters in the specs… that’s like 1 foot 7 inches or so.
I haven't tested it yet but I suspect if it focuses within 15 feet of a subject at 2X zoom that is more than sufficient... If I am filming a subject that close I wouldn't zoom in personally.

Thanks for the reply!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford