DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Close??

So if I use RTH it never lands where it takes off!? I use a 32" landing pad and it lands 2-3' away is this normal?
Are you still on the ground when the Return to home is being registered ?
Many times we take off first and than get the Return to home , so that can make a difference .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic air in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Droniac and whitlow
So if I use RTH it never lands where it takes off!? I use a 32" landing pad and it lands 2-3' away is this normal?
That is completely normal if the drone is only using GPS for guidance.
Sometimes it could even be a little further.

The Precision Landing feature can consistently land the drone within inches of the launch point.
Check your manual to find a list of things could be preventing the Precision Landing feature from working.

Are you still on the ground when the Return to home is being registered ?
Many times we take off first and than get the Return to home , so that can make a difference .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic air in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Yes I even tried setting a new RTH while hovering after it took off. Still of by a few feet on the RTH

Reactions: Droniac
Depends on how you are allowing the drone to update its home point before you take off. Do not just connect and fly off, wait until the drone shows you about 21 SATs connected and the “the home point has been updated, please check it on the map” audio confirmation before take off. Then ascend straight about 7 meters or ~23 feet without any horizontal movements. Now fly with ease of mind.

Also, just a reminder, the RTH is an emergency feature largely, if you use it every time to land, you will find it difficult to manually land your bird when it really comes to it. Have a safe flight Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Depends on how you are allowing the drone to update its home point before you take off. Do not just connect and fly off, wait until the drone shows you about 21 SATs connected and the “the home point has been updated, please check it on the map” audio confirmation before take off. Then ascend straight about 7 meters or ~23 feet without any horizontal movements. Now fly with ease of mind.

Also, just a reminder, the RTH is an emergency feature largely, if you use it every time to land, you will find it difficult to manually land your bird when it really comes to it. Have a safe flight Thumbswayup
I have always landed manually until I got close to the end of the battery and it did it automatically. When it was off I tried it several other times to see what would happen. I had 23 satellites but did not fly up 23' only hovered a few seconds after home point was established. I'll do the 23' from now on.
Thanks

Reactions: Droniac
I have always landed manually until I got close to the end of the battery and it did it automatically. When it was off I tried it several other times to see what would happen. I had 23 satellites but did not fly up 23' only hovered a few seconds after home point was established. I'll do the 23' from now on.
Thanks
Great!

A lot of posts talk about vertical takeoff and hover a few seconds. Good advice. I read somewhere the drone uses a photo of the landing site to fine tune the landing spot. I rarely use RTH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661