DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I follow closer in active track mode? Video included

ToddK

Reactions
I was able to follow our boat and my sons first day water skiing but the Mavic was dropping pretty far away. We we not ding more then 25 and I had max speed set at 33.

Suggestions?

I was able to follow our boat and my sons first day water skiing but the Mavic was dropping pretty far away. We we not ding more then 25 and I had max speed set at 33.

Suggestions?

Go with the wind, turn on sports mode

Reactions: Rbruz
Sport mode doesnt allow active track. Correct?

Yes, in sport mode you can not use active track. Many people use the Sport Mode switch just to get out of active track and other intelligent fly modes, like point of interest, follow me, tap-fly...

I think everyone is missing my question. How do I follow closer to subject in Active track mode. Boat was going 24 mph. mavic was dropping behind. I had the max speed in Active track set to fastest.

From my experience active track doesn't work too well going anything over 15. I would suggest manually flying it

Reactions: Rbruz
First bit it seemed to track fine. 2nd as seen in the thumbnail with that angle of view it's pretty much impossible to visually determine the distance, so it's not surprising it isn't precise there.

Reactions: Sew
I've used active track to follow a wind surfer and had the same issue even though he was traveling only12 or so mph. I tried throttling faster but kept falling behind so I don't even know if the throttle is functional when using an intelligent flight mode (although I believe I've been able to throttle up and down when I've experimented). The wind definitely plays a major role and here's a video that nicely depicts what the Mavic can do speed-wise in active track:

Reactions: StevenPSCC
When I'm filming water skiers, I've got it in sport mode. We are skiing 32km an hour and need to keep up with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78