DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get higher quality photo and video?

brookebuckman

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 and I am a beginner drone videographer. I have set up all of the settings to shoot in 4k and 30 fps as well as RAW images following youtube recommendations for the Mavic 2. I still have pretty low quality footage and I can't figure out to get extreme detail. I had been only using internal storage but I had a micro sd card come in the mail today. I haven't gotten to test it out but I had read it will increase the quality. Is this true? Any other suggestions?

Reactions: Gagey52
I haven't gotten to test it out but I had read it will increase the quality. Is this true? Any other suggestions?
If you save the imagery to the SD card, it will improve the quality if you have only been looking at low-res cached images rather than the real, full-sized images/video.
Is the complaint about stills or video or both?

I have to ask first what is your comparison? These are not Arri or even Fujinon lenses in these drones. Some degree of reasonable expectation has to be considered. The Mavic 2 shoots at best dlog-m limiting grading as compared to the M3 lineup. I find my M2P competes nicely with the images from my Panasonic UX180 which is a complement to the M2P as the UX180 uses Zies glass although a fixed zoom lens. Both cameras use 1" sensors. If the detail loss is at the extreme ends of luminosity, then comparison also comes into consideration. Many cameras have greater usable dynamic range. If you images are just plain funky, there may be underlying performance issues.

Ogre is right about image quality......my 2Pro has the 1" sensor, and I've blown stills up to 2X3 ft with super resolution. Unfortunately, this site won't let me upload the full resolution pic. Nuts

I also have an MP2 and shoot both video and stills, and even in comparison to the newer drones, the imagery from M2P is still on par. I regularly shoot video with footage from the M2P along side footage from a GH5 and it holds it's on very well.

You are either looking at the cached images, have not got your camera settings correct or; there is something wrong with the drone itself.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I agree with the others. Use the SD card and view them from your PC/MAC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998