DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I know if I am ready for the part 107 test?

black_magic100

Reactions
I legit called the testing facility and then backed out because I feel like I'm not ready. I have watched Tony Northrup's video along with 3DR's 2 hour 20 minute test review video TWICE each and I am fairly confident with everything they talk about. I definitely don't know everything there is to know, but not sure what else to study. I tried reading the FAA study guide (https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf), but I only got half way through because its' hard for me to concentrate when so much new information is being presented. I have also purchased a $5 app remote pilot app and I keep taking the test once a day and have yet to fail. Again, I feel like there is so much to learn, but at this point I just want to take the test and be done with it =].

Take the test and quit worrying about it . If ya fail it ya know then .
Bet ya pass though ;)

Take the test and quit worrying about it . If ya fail it ya know then .
Bet ya pass though ;)
Yea more or less a matter of $$$. Am a college student and while I have a good chunk saved up... I tend to lean towards expensive hobbies =[

Drones
Cameras
Supplements (protein powder etc)
Web Development

I will probably read through the FAA study guide and then sign up Monday... Wish me luck! :)

Good luck and just don’t worry. Go in with a positive
attitude and have a cheat sheet in ya pocket. :)
jk

do as any practice tests as you can find, memorizing the laws is easy, it is where they toss the sectional chart in front of you that things can go sideways and drop your test score. Even if you have to go to AOPA or another aviation site and learn how to read the chart, do it.

The human factors stuff is pure BS, but it will be on the test... why I have no idea....

If you have a friend that is a pilot, ask them to show you a chart and how to read it. There is a lot of info on a chart and it is hard to digest. I say that as a Part 61 pilot that still has to stop and try to remember what a marking means sometimes.

Understand traffic patterns, and where a plane is in a pattern , learn midfield, downwind , base, and final in both left and right ( left down wind, left base, left final )

If you have an airport near you, go see if you can buy a sectional chart just so you can look it over.

If you really want to dig deep, order a Cheyenne sectional from Sporty's Pilot Shop online.

The 107 test has very little to do with your actual flying IHMO, it is more FAA BS.

I legit called the testing facility and then backed out because I feel like I'm not ready. I have watched Tony Northrup's video along with 3DR's 2 hour 20 minute test review video TWICE each and I am fairly confident with everything they talk about. I definitely don't know everything there is to know, but not sure what else to study. I tried reading the FAA study guide (https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf), but I only got half way through because its' hard for me to concentrate when so much new information is being presented. I have also purchased a $5 app remote pilot app and I keep taking the test once a day and have yet to fail. Again, I feel like there is so much to learn, but at this point I just want to take the test and be done with it =].
It is well worth it to pay 150.00 to REMOTEPILOIT 101 COURSE it is your's for life and they will pay for the retest if you don't pass but
they have 100% passing

Yea more or less a matter of $$$. Am a college student and while I have a good chunk saved up... I tend to lean towards expensive hobbies =[

Drones
Cameras
Supplements (protein powder etc)
Web Development

I will probably read through the FAA study guide and then sign up Monday... Wish me luck! :)
Much luck sir...don't sweat it...it's not that hard...let us know how you do

Much luck sir...don't sweat it...it's not that hard...let us know how you do
Its not a easy test i had to study 12 hr's a day for 3 weeks and then took the test and got a 88. For studying i used remotepilot101.com and remoteploit study guide and the FLIGHT READY App for ios
the remotepilot101 is good for a live time and so is the App for ios witch is good because you need to retake the test every 2 years

Reactions: Classic flyer
Its not a easy test i had to study 12 hr's a day for 3 weeks and then took the test and got a 88. For studying i used remotepilot101.com and remoteploit study guide and the FLIGHT READY App for ios
the remotepilot101 is good for a live time and so is the App for ios witch is good because you need to retake the test every 2 years
I, myself, studied one morning and took the test that afternoon and got an 85...but I'm also a private pilot so that may have been an advantage...congratulations by the way

Reactions: black_magic100
I, myself, studied one morning and took the test that afternoon and got an 85...but I'm also a private pilot so that may have been an advantage...congratulations by the way

I studied 2 days on and off and passed with an 88 IIRC, and being a pilot helps, especially on the weather / clouds / human factors and sectional stuff.

If you have a Part 61 certificate, you take a different 107 test. There is some credit for the fact you have spent a ton of time reading FAR par 91 and other regulations.

I have a friend that flies big brown planes around the world ... ( the big brown truck folks) and he was amazed at the complexity of the Part 107 exam.

I studied 2 days on and off and passed with an 88 IIRC, and being a pilot helps, especially on the weather / clouds / human factors and sectional stuff.

If you have a Part 61 certificate, you take a different 107 test. There is some credit for the fact you have spent a ton of time reading FAR par 91 and other regulations.

I have a friend that flies big brown planes around the world ... ( the big brown truck folks) and he was amazed at the complexity of the Part 107 exam.
It's not that hard or complex...common sense rules the day...it's really not that hard!!

That sounds like overkill x1000 to be honest. 3 weeks for 12 hours a day? That's 252 hours... I know it's not an easy test, but **** [emoji26]

Reactions: Classic flyer
What should I focus on the most? People say sectional charts are the most difficult, but I am not sure how else to study for it other than watch YouTube videos

What should I focus on the most? People say sectional charts are the most difficult, but I am not sure how else to study for it other than watch YouTube videos
I truly hate to say this, because the stuff is really good info to know, but if you're really that concerned, memorize the questions. There were maybe 3-5 questions on the test that I didn't see in any of the study guides or practice tests.

I truly hate to say this, because the stuff is really good info to know, but if you're really that concerned, memorize the questions. There were maybe 3-5 questions on the test that I didn't see in any of the study guides or practice tests.
Yea I mean I inadvertently kind of did on a few tests.

I mean I have learned a ton, but as Tony Northrup mentioned the entire point of this particular test is to give people a perspective on what pilots have to know and I can honestly say that I respect them so much more and it changed my perspective.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc