DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I read this graph correctly and how can it be useful? (DJI Fly)

mattitech07

Reactions
Hi guys, I've always seen this graph in the transmission settings and I don't exactly know how to read it and use it correctly.
I know it shows you the interferences, channels ecc... but why does it say ≈1km and ≈4km (mark 1) and why do some areas of the graph get highlighted (mark 2)? Thanks to anyone who can help me understand.

Attachments

• 1659634622120.jpg
    1659634622120.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 152
Hi guys, I've always seen this graph in the transmission settings and I don't exactly know how to read it and use it correctly.
I know it shows you the interferences, channels ecc... but why does it say ≈1km and ≈4km (mark 1) and why do some areas of the graph get highlighted (mark 2)? Thanks to anyone who can help me understand.
My understanding is the y axis is the measured noise and x axis is the radio frequency. In other words it’s telling you the noise (interference) of each frequency. The highlighted box is the frequency range that you are currently operating.

If the noise is below the 4 km line you could expect operating on that frequency to yield line of sight operations up to 4 km. If noise is above 4km line but below the 1km line you can expect the operating range to be decreased to 1 km due to the increased interference. I’ve never tested this but my hunch is this is more of reference than anything to give you some sense of the magnitude of the noise. I happen to think tall buildings and trees in the area have more affect on range than anything but again I haven’t tested.

Reactions: tribar
Hi,
Which app gives you this graph? On what device?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks