DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I save maps to the Smart Controller?

W2EJ

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I know people have written how to do this, but I am just not getting it. I want to cache maps to the Smart Controller at home, where I have WiFi, so I can use them later when I fly and do not have a connection. Please don’t just give an overview. I need detailed steps. I know I should be able to figure this out but I’m not. Thanx!

Thanks to all. I have my answer.

Last edited:
I know people have written how to do this, but I am just not getting it. I want to cache maps to the Smart Controller at home, where I have WiFi, so I can use them later when I fly and do not have a connection. Please don’t just give an overview. I need detailed steps. I know I should be able to figure this out but I’m not. Thanx!

I am not sure if there is an official procedure, but I just bring up go4 and zoom in to the areas that I want cached and swipe the screen along the planned flight path. Once you see the screen paint the new swiped page satellite image, I swipe again until I have covered all the area I want cached.

Reactions: snoopx
I am not sure if there is an official procedure, but I just bring up go4 and zoom in to the areas that I want cached and swipe the screen along the planned flight path. Once you see the screen paint the new swiped page satellite image, I swipe again until I have covered all the area I want cached.
And I think there is a setting in the app you have to enable too, but don't have that info right now.

Reactions: jesswin
This might be easier to understand, same as the above posts but via a video. This is for a DJI crystalsky monitor but it will be the same procedure.

Shoot forward to 3.11 minutes into the video and you’ll see how to do the offline maps;)

Thank god you put me out of my misery @Porky - I couldn't stand the suspense of what screen-grab was coming in next and when! o_O

The 73 yr old OP did say he wanted detailed steps
Why do you think it was necessary to preface your answer with “The 73 year old OP...”? You were trying to help me, which I appreciate, and then you felt the need to zing me on account of my age? Nice.

Last edited:
This might be easier to understand, same as the above posts but via a video. This is for a DJI crystalsky monitor but it will be the same procedure.

Shoot forward to 3.11 minutes into the video and you’ll see how to do the offline maps;)

Thank you. I was missing one thing, where you press the three line menu in the upper right corner to get to the offline maps area.

Reactions: Porky
Thank you. I was missing one thing, where you press the three line menu in the upper right corner to get to the offline maps area.

Glad you got your maps sorted? @W2EJ
If there’s anything you’re not to sure about try YT, it’s helped me out sooooo many times;)

Reactions: W2EJ
Why do think it was necessary to preface your answer with “The 73 year old OP...”? You were trying to help me, which I appreciate, and then you felt the need to zing me on account of my age? Nice.
Ageism is rampant with social triggering these days.

Your avatar doesn't help your cause either for easy ageism sport:cool:

It's all good here with some occasional idiots, we mostly get along pretty well in these parts...

Reactions: frank candor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21