DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you deal with kids?

This is a simple one, I've used this approach with my kids and grand kids. Like Nancy Reagan said "Just Say No" if they ask why, "because I said so" Don't worry, they won't get mad for long. They're used to hearing it!

You have received a lot of advice. I do not have a lot of kids in my neighborhood and but I do have some and I also fly in some of the local parks and the kids come by and ask if they can fly the drone.

I tell them No, they cannot. But to keep them from feeling dejected, I explain my reasons. I tell them that this drone is not a toy. That this Drone is special is because it can fly far and fast, you have to be older and licensed (yeah, a bit of a lie…). I explain that it's not like the toy electric cars they or their friends have to ride around the yard. Those are toys and they can drive them, but my drone is like a car or a motorcycle, you have to be older and licensed like their parents. They can ride their bicycles because they are toys, but they cannot drive a motorcycle or fly my drone…

I have grandkids and I let them fly my drone, but I always set the Maximum Height to 50-feet and the Maximum Distance to 100-feet. And I put them in the "Drone Spot" where they have to stand to fly it so it's not going to hit the house of any trees…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo